Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cities are bright enough to see so they drop the lights that otherwise shine in the eyes of other drivers, pedestrians, cats, dogs, deer, woolly mammoths etc.

slowmick

38-39"
Popped a tyre on my car on Tuesday night so now i am looking for 2 maybe 4 tyres. They are 245/40R19s on a Conformadore wagon. Kinda freaked when I looked up the price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 on it. Seems this will be my first time paying around $300 per tyre.
Any suggestions as to what a middle age man in a 10 year old car should be looking at for a reasonable all round tyre? There seems to be a few Michelin fans in this thread.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Popped a tyre on my car on Tuesday night so now i am looking for 2 maybe 4 tyres. They are 245/40R19s on a Conformadore wagon. Kinda freaked when I looked up the price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 on it. Seems this will be my first time paying around $300 per tyre.
Any suggestions as to what a middle age man in a 10 year old car should be looking at for a reasonable all round tyre? There seems to be a few Michelin fans in this thread.
Pirelli P6 or P7.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Get some 18s for it - cheaper tyres that will last longer and ride better ;)

Anything in those sizes from michelin/conti/goodyear/pirelli/yoko etc will be high performance and be very good.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I can't remember when I paid $300 a tyre, would be 20 years ago...

Watch the weight even with the load correct load rating, I found conti 5s and 6s and Pirelli P zeroes too soft. Bridgestone or Michelin. The PS 4 has been superseded by the 5 so you might get a deal. Note 4 not 4S.

Depends how much performance / life you are after. I can't advise on the latter.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Haven't done an update for a while...
  • Tune from CocoEuroTech
  • BMC Air intake fitted and modified for better air flow
  • Headlight bulbs upgraded (the oem are absolutely the worst headlights ever)
  • Not in picture...my wife and son bought me personalised plates for Xmas...nice surprise...wasn't expecting that.
Currently sits at just over 200hp...but only weighs just over 1000kg. My other car is a Golf R and previously a WRX, but the little Abarth is a far bigger handful to drive quick...and so much more fun.

View attachment 385258

Next stage will be an ARI Performance down pipe, upgraded BOV and another tune.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Paid the insurance - $950 for $23K market value, when a mate with 2022 Forster with a market value of 36K is charged $500...

Subarus are not exactly cheap for parts, and a VW Golf similar spec to the Alfa is still $850 to insure so its not a "alfa drivers are hoons". Guess its just a "its euro it must be premium" bullshit again....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No...but it goes like this...
Anytime someone wants to know what it's like to drive a little Abarth, I show them this video...
Legal stuff: I don't condone dangerous and reckless driving,
Not bad.

Here's that ridiculous Merc with the custom Japanese exhaust again.

Mark Riccioni (@markriccioni) Tweet...073103904104448?s=20&t=iGy2qLze6CBEemspt4MFug

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk