COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
I just literally don't have any answers or inkling of answers - I have severe Covid Fatigue and what makes it worse is that it currently does not really even effect me - So I feel even worse for being over it :(

Last edited:

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
down here in vic we call it "being ramped" when ambos are stuck waiting to hand over the patient.
Here in SA we also call it "ramping", it occurs daily and we don't even have mass covid infections.

Our state government solution is to spend billions building fancy new hospitals with LESS beds than the current ones

A billion dollars could hire a lot of doctors/nurses/orderlys to actually deal with patients, free up paramedics and expedite wait times.

But that is far too logical for Gubberment Thinking.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So it looks as though NSW is going full party mode from Monday, unless you want an abortion or are in a same sex relationship.
Will be an interesting thing to watch unfold.

The pile on for Dan Andrews will gain serious momentum, it certainly has among my work colleagues.

Think we still have more pain to come in Vic
I dunno about ‘full party mode’ as NSW will probably just swap their lockdown laws for their old ‘lockout’ laws and Sydney’s nightlife will be just as tragic as ever.

safreek

Well, so much for government info being correct. Take the second shot they say, no adverse effect they say. Bullshit.
I actually believed that the second Astra would be cool so got it yesterday, being dizzy and aching muscles and joints are fucked when working on a ladder.

Who would of thought the government would lie to you

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Well, so much for government info being correct. Take the second shot they say, no adverse effect they say. Bullshit.
I actually believed that the second Astra would be cool so got it yesterday, being dizzy and aching muscles and joints are fucked when working on a ladder.

Our lot have said that in general the reaction to the first is worse than the second but that is by no means a guarantee. The nurse I had said he had no reaction at all to the second while another had nothing first time and nausea and headaches with the second. Some people reported the same for both.

I think I had a mild headache second shot but really cannot recall.

Don't put yourself at risk, ease up on everything... until you feel ok.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
the second Astra ... yesterday, being dizzy and aching muscles and joints are fucked when working on a ladder.
Did you have any effects after the first jab @safreek?

Minlak

custom titis

Withdrawal would have similar symptoms?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I really don't understand how QLD doesn't have many corona cases, I went to 2 shopping centres yesterday and didn't see one person scanning the codes besides myself.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I really don't understand how QLD doesn't have many corona cases, I went to 2 shopping centres yesterday and didn't see one person scanning the codes besides myself.
You can check into previously visited venues from the 'Check In QLD' app without scanning again.

moorey

call me Mia
You don’t scan, so you don’t get notifications of exposure, so you don’t get covid. Duh.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You can check into previously visited venues from the 'Check In QLD' app without scanning again.
I didn't see anyone playing with their phones, went to the optometrist, people just walked in, looked at a few glasses and then walked out.

You don’t scan, so you don’t get notifications of exposure, so you don’t get covid. Duh.
Surely some people would get sick enough to end up in hospital?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't actually know what people are expecting from their "Freedom" but increased infection rates will go hand in hand with this freedom.
I've banged on this drum pretty hard, but...fuck me! I am so sick of hearing about how good it is going to be to have lockdown over. Most of the people telling me this are not very exciting people! Their lives haven't changed much because there is a lockdown. They still have a job and they spend their nights watching tv and on the weekend they now their lawn, wash their car, do things with their family, and whatever else it is boring middle aged guys do. Well no surprises but these are the same middle aged boring things they do when there isn't a lockdown. I don't begrudge them their life style choices, if that's what makes them happy then full steam ahead! But don't for a minute try and tell me or yourself that you are missing out on something other than getting sick because there is a lockdown.

Come for a ride?
Can't - obligations/responsibility?

Come for a coffee?

Come for a fish?

Come for a few drinks?

Come for too many drinks?

Come for a gig?

Lockdown ending isn't going to change your lifestyle choices.

On the other hand, there is a huge risk of the hospital system getting blown apart and people suffering other ailments experiencing a huge decline in quality of care. While I personally am well over cleaning up after myself, I'd happily do it a little longer if it meant getting to a better position. My life is pretty damn good just now and I'd like to keep it that way. My locality has very low vaccination and even lower compliance with the rules...shit is going to hit a fan!

For those suffering isolation, I do actually think small outdoor gatherings are a good idea and I do think outdoor dining in controlled areas like cafes is a good idea. O actually think that is better than parks. The police seem to give zero fucks about reigning noncompliance in, but business owners generally want to stay open and avoid fines.

Yet...come Monday night I plan to support a friend's business that has been doing it tough the last few months and waste a lot of my pocket money!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I didn't see anyone playing with their phones, went to the optometrist, people just walked in, looked at a few glasses and then walked out.

Surely some people would get sick enough to end up in hospital?
To be honest, if you were at the shopping centre then you're effectively on a list anyway. I don't think it matters which shops you went into, you could walk all over the shopping centre, hang about shop entrances and still infect someone.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

My second Pfizer must have lowered my immune system and I got a shitty cold, that was 6 weeks ago and still have a bit of phlegm in my throat.

The flu jab does the same thing to me so I only get it every few years.

With all this social distancing and face masks, I might squeeze another couple of years as I am well overdue one.

treble

Likes Dirt
Perhaps semi-off-topic, but am I the only one who finds Dean Lucas having a sook on Instagram about being in hotel quarantine, after he just spent the better part of 6 months in Europe and the US racing bikes, while the rest of Victoria spent most of the time in our houses all winter, a bit fucking rich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk