You laugh you lose

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I am still old enough to remember the external thunder boxes, not many homes had them left but there were still a few around when I was a kid. I can remember the poor pricks that used to collect the pans full of poop that had poop all over their backs from the spills. :eek:

View attachment 400420
When I bought my place it still had the original in the back yard. When the sewer came through they connected it up rather than put one in the house.

cammas

Seamstress
Yep same with the place my parents brought dunny outside a couple meters from the house, dad built a gazebo off the back of the house, so we didn’t get soaked when it was pissing down rain

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Saw this a few minutes ago in response to somebody talking about a perpetual motion machine.
If you skipped physics in school everything is possible, even when it's not.
Except when you get weird things like quantum entanglement allowing information to potentially be transmitted at faster than the speed of light.

Could potentially lead to communications that can't be jammed or eavesdropped.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I am still old enough to remember the external thunder boxes, not many homes had them left but there were still a few around when I was a kid. I can remember the poor pricks that used to collect the pans full of poop that had poop all over their backs from the spills. :eek:

View attachment 400420
In Latrobe in Tassie (and a lot of old towns would have this) the older streets have a laneway behind them, and this was called the Night Cart Lane. That was for the poor sods whose job was to come through at night to collect all the "leavings" from that day. Talk about a shit of a job! o_O

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
In Latrobe in Tassie (and a lot of old towns would have this) the older streets have a laneway behind them, and this was called the Night Cart Lane. That was for the poor sods whose job was to come through at night to collect all the "leavings" from that day. Talk about a shit of a job! o_O
Yup. Suburb here in SA - Colonel Light Gardens has laneways everywhere from the old Night Cart days.

Growing up a family from the school had a long dropper as well as dirt floors in the house. Was super weird but found out later in life that were very wealthy but super tight with their money. :oops:

Stredda

Yup. Suburb here in SA - Colonel Light Gardens has laneways everywhere from the old Night Cart days.

Growing up a family from the school had a long dropper as well as dirt floors in the house. Was super weird but found out later in life that were very wealthy but super tight with their money. :oops:
Wow, really? I don't get people like that. Why have a lot of money if you don't spend it?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well fark me ! A bit of SA history.

It has too, just looked and it's very unlike the surrounding suburbs. I drive through it most nights to avoid traffic and never noticed the laneways.

Stredda

It’s how they get rich. By squeezing every dollar or just plain ol eccentric.
Yeah, but what's the point of being rich and living poor. There's being responsible with your money and there's living with dirt floors. :oops:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well fark me ! A bit of SA history.

It has too, just looked and it's very unlike the surrounding suburbs. I drive through it most nights to avoid traffic and never noticed the laneways.
Still a few around in major CBDs, the lane is the size of a small horse cart as that is what they carted the poop tins with. It was widely known as the 'knight soil' in the land of the kangaroos.

1686809279592.png

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Still a few around in major CBDs, the lane is the size of a small horse cart as that is what they carted the poop tins with. It was widely known as the 'knight soil' in the land of the kangaroos.
There's a few more in SA where I thought had lanes but it was just some of the houses like Norwood, Goodwood etc... some back onto each other with no access.

CLG every 'original' house has a back lane.

ffdhhhfs.jpg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yeah, but what's the point of being rich and living poor. There's being responsible with your money and there's living with dirt floors. :oops:
Yup I agree. Just the way some are. Friends of friends parents are quite well off but don’t have any hot water connected and live very basically. Each to their own but yeah dirt floors is odd.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I bought some alloooominum for a little job and one of the young guys in the warehouse was having a melt down. Swearing his head off. Couple of the other guys trying to calm him down and keep him quiet. Mate, customers come to the door there and they can hear you carrying on. Not good for the company etc etc. Guy serving me apologised and said old mate is having a shocker. Hope you aren't offended by the language. No worries I said, just tell him to keep the fucking swearing to a minimum, no c*nt wants to hear that shit. Will do mate... Not sure if he worked it out or not.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Around here a lot of the old dunny lanes were sold to the houses that backed onto them. I looked at a house a while back where the previous owners had never done so and the agent was sure you could still purchase the land. I was of the opinion that the land could probably be borrowed without any issues until next sale and a survey. But I had a sense that the tenant was going to be an issue. 3 bedroom house with no garage and a single middle aged man living in it so passed. 1 bedroom contained a dismantled motor cycle plus workbench and the other room random junk. I really should have ignored my premonitions.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ I think you just described my upbringing …..
lived in a garage , while the house was being completed , oh and it had dirt floors …. No power
And we had a outside sunny , the ’ night man ‘ used to come to , till the bloody jack russell bit him on the arse and he ran off covered in shit hahahahaah
Fuck my childhood was wild , and Trying to explain it to anyone just means they don’t get it .