Xbox 360's Unite!

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for posting that. But we don't have those stores here in the gong
That's just a Microsoft holiday pack, so everywhere that sells 360's has the pack. The RRP of it is $399 but some places sell it less. EB was selling it with Gears of War (win) and the shit Need for Speed thrown in as well as the other 2.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Must have games for the 360 would have to be:

Halo 3 +2 + 1. -Halo 1 = best game ever made, Halo 2 = best multiplayer halo 3 = well, halo 3.
Gears of war -1, aparantly No. 2 is shithouse online, both campaigns are top notch
Call of duty 4 - Very good multiplayer, can also get COD5 if your so inclined.
Forza2 - Car simulator, better than GT, Full bodykits, full paintjobs, drifting/time trials/endurance races/everything. $15

GTA4 is also good however i didn't think it was that good, was so shocked to see it get 10/10.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Forza2 - Car simulator, better than GT, Full bodykits, full paintjobs, drifting/time trials/endurance races/everything. $15
GT is a race sim. Body kits and paint jobs don't mean squat. Give me the more accurate physics system anyday. (and just bought the Pescarolo C60)

As for a fun driving game, Forza beats GT4. It's just more fun.

In terms of fun, I'm lovin End War. The control system is brilliant. It does begin to get difficult though.

Gears 1 & 2 are great. So is the Halo series.

BUT, the most fun I've had since FF7 is Final Fantasy X on PS2. Can't stop playing it. Storyline is amazing!

pylet_thekid

Likes Dirt
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4 (may love it may hate it)
Left 4 Dead
Fixed.

Must have games for the 360 would have to be:

Halo 3 +2 + 1. -Halo 1 = best game ever made, Halo 2 = best multiplayer halo 3 = well, halo 3.
Gears of war -1, aparantly No. 2 is shithouse online, both campaigns are top notch
Call of duty 4 - Very good multiplayer, can also get COD5 if your so inclined.
Left 4 Dead
Fixed. And I also agree with your Halo opinions (well i dont like 3 but your opinions for 1 and 2 are spot on). Buy Halo 1+2 they are cheap and loads of fun.

+1 COD 4 modern warfare
Left 4 Dead
Fixed.

Now for some more helpful advice.

The elite console + 4 games (Halo 3, kung fu panda, indiana jones, and something else) is $549 at EB. Id guess that would be the best bet.

Although, my advice is to save yourself ~$200 and buy a pro console, plenty of HDD space. Spend the $200 on some good games, that will get you alteast 2 of the good games mentioned above.

Last edited:

faceplant666

Likes Dirt
Ok.... 360 Deals at the moment are...AT EB GAMES

360 Elite, 120 GB HDD etc 549.00, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Kung Fu Panda, LEgo Indiana

360 Pro, 60 GB HDD etc. 399.00, Gears of War 1, NFS Pro Street, Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana

360 Arcade there are a few diff deals on these at the moment...

sharp

like a spoon
jb hi-fi
pro version
$449 Rainbow six vegas 2, brothers in arms HH, kungfu panda, indiana jones,

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GT is a race sim. Body kits and paint jobs don't mean squat. Give me the more accurate physics system anyday. (and just bought the Pescarolo C60)

As for a fun driving game, Forza beats GT4. It's just more fun.
I think forza is every bit of a race sim as GT is, especially GT4. I just said bodykits and paintjobs because although i don't use them its what puts forza above GT, also damage on cars is a definate plus.

As far as GT5:p goes, its nothing but amazing graphics, the rest is pretty poo. Anyway i've played all of forza 1 and forza 2, and only half GT4 and all of gt5:p all only with a controller so my opinion doesn't go that far lol. If forza and GT were combined into one awesome game i would seriously never go outside.

jb hi-fi
pro version
$449 Rainbow six vegas 2, brothers in arms HH, kungfu panda, indiana jones,
Thats the pack i got, seems pretty good value, i traded Kungfu panda and indiana for $10 (worthless) and Brothers in arms for $55.

Too good not to share, I didn't make it but its farking awesome :) Props goes to Squirrel nuts (sp?)

Notice the marzocchi decals and rockshox decals? crazy

Last edited:

want a stp

Banned
Grr, i bought my wireless network adaptor and..... still no live ! :mad: Im so angry, i dont if its just me and im not setting it up probaly or my xbox is $#it ?

Im gunna get one of my sisters friends (works at betta elertical, and also onws a xbox 360) to have a look at it and hopefully he can get to work.

I also thought that it may be cause the wireless only has a low connection were it is because it really far away from the wirless rotour.

So, if you have this sort of problem and have spent heaps on live and it took you ages to get it to work, if you could tell me what to do it would be gtreat !

Cheers

PS
Happy new year !

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Have you actually logged on to the network, using the WPA code, SSID, and whatver else is needed?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$75? he's either lying or something is wrong there... No where would take those games for that much, not even a full refund with receipt is that high. More details?

And the xbox above, whats been done to it? i'm pretty keen on doing some modding but waranty on xbox's is a must. Trying to find someones old broken xbox 360 to fix and mod lol

dirtjump4life101

Likes Dirt
$75? he's either lying or something is wrong there... No where would take those games for that much, not even a full refund with receipt is that high. More details?
thats what i thought, he's currently on holiday i will talk to him about it when he gets back

andy_man

Likes Dirt
ive had an xbox since it came out my gamer tag is " Ze Pool Cleaner"

i only play cod5 and maby 4

but last cuple weeks my xbox wont recognise any fkn disks. like nothing, it wont notice its even in there. it wont come up with a dvd or game or nothing, and now it wont find any controlers or my mic.

uuber fucking homo

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive had an xbox since it came out my gamer tag is " Ze Pool Cleaner"

i only play cod5 and maby 4

but last cuple weeks my xbox wont recognise any fkn disks. like nothing, it wont notice its even in there. it wont come up with a dvd or game or nothing, and now it wont find any controlers or my mic.

uuber fucking homo
Two choices, Ring microsoft and get it fixed, although your xbox is out of the standard 1 year warranty, some repair items have been extended to 3 years, including the RROD and i think faulty disk drives.

Second choice is to go to xbox360forum and theres a thread somewhere in there with different ways of fixing problems, but it requires a steady hand and soldering skill.