work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Dogs have amazing senses of smell. There's a good book called Inside of a Dog, written by Alexandra Horowitz which gives some insight into how that smell totally shapes their sense of the world.
They use their excellent sense of smell to sniff each others butts when they meet?
Has to be bit of a let down to waste that sensory awesomeness on butt.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
They use their excellent sense of smell to sniff each others butts when they meet?
Has to be bit of a let down to waste that sensory awesomeness on butt.
Well when the gland that dogs use to mark their territory is there, it's more like bowing while exchanging business cards.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have a cat. Her job is to ambush me from under the table and give me a a couple of ankle taps and a gentle bite without drawing blood. She usually gets it right.

I think it would be a full time job training a cat to be a trail cat. You'd need a kitten for starters, maybe tracking collars. It would definitely go viral though and you'd maybe have a new career :D

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Labradoodles don't shed, and she's a great dog and plops herself against me at weird angles no matter where I'm sitting. Just like a cat!
I'm a dog groomer. Labradoodles DO shed, it just gets caught up in the coat and your groomer has to deal with it. Don't even get me started on the poorly bred mutts passed off as Labradoodles, everything from cavalier, cocker, shizhu, wolfhound, and even an old english sheepdog x poodle sold with "papers" as a Labradoodle. Not saying your breeder was dodgy but there's so many scammers out there.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I have a cat. Her job is to ambush me from under the table and give me a a couple of ankle taps and a gentle bite without drawing blood. She usually gets it right.

I think it would be a full time job training a cat to be a trail cat. You'd need a kitten for starters, maybe tracking collars. It would definitely go viral though and you'd maybe have a new career :D
Maine Coon cats.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I started in general IT and moved to making websites websites in 1995, and for the last few years have run a team of 10 at CSIRO that makes, maintains and supports them. We launched a new version of the main one a couple of weeks ago, pretty happy with it.

Sitecore is a beast of a CMS - I built my career around ExpressionEngine and later Craft CMS learning HTML and CSS to a decent level.

I now code emails using table based HTML haha

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Sitecore is a beast of a CMS - I built my career around ExpressionEngine and later Craft CMS learning HTML and CSS to a decent level.

I now code emails using table based HTML haha
Yeah Sitecore is definitely a chunky thing, I have three certified devs on the team (4 with me but I'm way to rusty to go writing code these days) which means we can make it do just about anything.

My team does HTML tables for email too, the only way to make it work in all clients, many of the people receiving our EDM's are government and corporate so we need it to work in Outlook, which apparently still sucks for rendering HTML.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah Sitecore is definitely a chunky thing, I have three certified devs on the team (4 with me but I'm way to rusty to go writing code these days) which means we can make it do just about anything.

My team does HTML tables for email too, the only way to make it work in all clients, many of the people receiving our EDM's are government and corporate so we need it to work in Outlook, which apparently still sucks for rendering HTML.
Yup it sure does, I bet your devs love working with email! Fortunately there's a lot of things you can do to make it suck less but on the whole it's a drag on the industry.