What does your day look like?

dazz

Downhill Dazz
So things got very scary for us Sunday week ago. We're into our second week of bouncing between here:
1686625433234.jpeg

And here:
1686625955336.jpeg

Our little man was in some serious trouble but thanks to the amazing work by both the Ballarat ED and Royal Children's Hospital ICU teams, he is on the up. He's still very sick but is expected to make a full recovery, just gonna take a while.
View attachment 400367
Edit for little more context.
Tests showed the poor kid copped Rinovirus, Flu A, Covid and Group A Strep all at once. All this resulted in pneumonia and sepsis. He got hit with both barrels.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Scary stuff. Lots of healing vibes for the little guy.

Hopefully he ends up with an amazingly strong immune system after this. Our 1st borne went through a 4 month period of non stop viruses when he started day care and has been reaping the health benefits ever since.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Jabubu

let you google that for me
OMG I can't think of anything more stressful - hats off to all the amazing medical staff there, I hope he makes a full recovery and smashes your tyre budget to bits :)

dazz

Downhill Dazz
OMG I can't think of anything more stressful - hats off to all the amazing medical staff there, I hope he makes a full recovery and smashes your tyre budget to bits :)
Yep, everyone has been amazing. I think every single one of the RCH ICU doctors have praised the speed and quality of the Ballarat ED teams response while the RCH retrieval team got there. Chopper was too risky because of fog so we got lights and sirens for the transfer instead. All the ICU nurses have been awesome as well, nothing is left to chance here. So thankful for modern medicine right now. Sepsis attacks every part of the body and it's just incredible how they monitor, support and manage each and every system.
Mrs dazz and I have been totally kept in the loop and looked after as well. Being able to stay close to our little man without going broke thanks to Ronny Mac house is amazing too. All the families staying there are going through similar hell to us, or worse, and absolutely need the services RMcD house provide. Definitely a worthy charity to support. Heartbreak stories behind every doorway.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Been wanting a 2 way communication security camera for my garage for a while that picks up when people are looking around my den.

We have a wired 4k security camera system around the house but I didn't want notifications from dogs, people, bushes, posties etc... so decided on a stand alone camera that sent notifications when someone entered my room ;)

The TP Link Tapo had apparently decent wifi pick up and its own antennas. Took about 30mins to install and set up the phone app. Good job for anyone watching over bikes and tools. Cheap as chips too.

View attachment 399626
TP Link, things that make you go “hmmmmmmmm”.

it’s not obvious till you configure, beyond three cameras you need to pay for their cloud BS. Reported their stupidity to the ACCC who were rather keen to hear about this.

One way around this is Tapo app on multiple phones to initially configure and then use a ONVIF capable NVR.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
TP Link, things that make you go “hmmmmmmmm”.

it’s not obvious till you configure, beyond three cameras you need to pay for their cloud BS. Reported their stupidity to the ACCC who were rather keen to hear about this.

One way around this is Tapo app on multiple phones to initially configure and then use a ONVIF capable NVR.
I only have this one TP link branded camera, used with the app, wifi connection to my router and a 64gb card in it.
Works great in the above configuration.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
beyond three cameras you need to pay for their cloud BS.
That’s super annoying. I went with a UniFi setup specifically to avoid cloud cameras and subscriptions. I still dread the fact they could just change it one day out of the blue. Modern software/hardware licensing and all the associated BS is awful.