What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Carrying an injury atm so no riding for me for a bit so decide to install a custom shim kit I have into my Mezzer damper. It needs a shaft clamp block. I’d looked on Shockcraft website and he wants $350 nzd for a machined bit of alloy. Yeah nah fuck that.
nek minnit, a few wood chips I have my own bespoke boutique custom made shaft clamp.
$350 nzd. Takin the piss!
View attachment 404945

At first I thought you had made a jig for something else. This bespoke bot of work is very pleasing to the eye. I'm sure there is a craft market for this.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Made of the same material as mine but that's where the similarity ends, yours is much more professional looking.
Doesn’t take much when you have the right tools. Still can’t get over the price
At first I thought you had made a jig for something else. This bespoke bot of work is very pleasing to the eye. I'm sure there is a craft market for this.
And I can do them for the bargain basement price of $300nzd!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going on a little caravan holiday , packed the (fat) bikes in the ute - have done a test ride up and down the street …..

News at 6 ‘man has heart attack‘

nah , I‘m sure I‘ll be fine - reckon might have a sore arse tho , needs toughening or I need a Smokey Dawson saddle

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Well I’ve discovered a little bit of flex so it’s not perfect. Requires a bit of inner tube to stop the shaft spinning. Maybe I’ll reconsider that price. $200NZD seems fair. I’ll even chuck in some swatches of inner tube.
I have some of these, not Zitto brand but the same thing. Quality is good and definitely not $350Nz.

These look good as well, and in blue.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I have some of these, not Zitto brand but the same thing. Quality is good and definitely not $350Nz.

I should just suck it up and make an order. I always seem to balk at Ali as I need it quick or dubious on quality. But I guess a block of aluminium is a block of aluminium.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've returned from the darkside of eeb ownership. The motor died out of warranty so I've decided to return to self serviceable glory by capitalising on some black friday sales.

Commencal meta sx - took her for a spin today and I'm thrilled.

I pieced together a headset from the spares bin to get it ridable but got a 40 series and a progressive spring slowing getting closer with Australia post

The steerer could use a trim too.
IMG_20231203_141117.jpg
IMG_20231203_141127.jpg
IMG_20231203_141133.jpg

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!

Hey out of curiosity when proper clamp blocks are clamped against a shaft is there a tiny gap remaining between the two flat edges? I think I just need to sand a mm or 2 off my Yeah Nahs to work as they should.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I’ve discovered a little bit of flex so it’s not perfect. Requires a bit of inner tube to stop the shaft spinning. Maybe I’ll reconsider that price. $200NZD seems fair. I’ll even chuck in some swatches of inner tube.

Or glue strips of inner tube in and value add! Now $350AU, + $10AU for custom name burnt/engraved on.