What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Generally 100-150. 250 last week. Will struggle to get 100 in this week. Had a wind down week leading up to the race.
Damn, I guess that's what it takes to be race fit. I need to break into 20km rides first. Most of mine is slow and technical.

HamboCairns

I’m not race fit, but fit enough to enjoy the longer rides and races these days. Ridden more already year than all of last year. I’m prepping for the TransTas enduro, but hope to maintain fitness afterwards now that I’m in the habit.
I hate feeling fragile after an accident, I was hoping to try out the paw paw and bust out 20km this weekend!

Now I'm eating chocolate and drinking rum..

moorey

call me Mia
I hate feeling fragile after an accident, I was hoping to try out the paw paw and bust out 20km this weekend!

Now I'm eating chocolate and drinking rum..
Spent a chunk of the last 2 years injured. Not fun. Too old to get my skills back these days (what little I had). Riding and racing for the pure pleasure these days.
Paw Paw?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Today I hit up Harcourt. Trails were in great condition. Not as slippy as I thought it was going to be.

I think I found my favourite suspension combo so far as well. Coil all round with 160 / 150.

Headed into the pub at Daylesford after for a beer and a Parma loaded with bacon and pulled pork! Good day all round!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice.
I always figured 150+ was too much for Harcourt (maybe because I just don't like the thought of hauling it up that initial trk 7 climb) but might have to give it a try

moorey

call me Mia
Nice.
I always figured 150+ was too much for Harcourt (maybe because I just don't like the thought of hauling it up that initial trk 7 climb) but might have to give it a try
Personally wouldn’t go with less than 140-160. No race up the climbs, and more forgiving on the rocky descents and jumps.

HamboCairns

Spent a chunk of the last 2 years injured. Not fun. Too old to get my skills back these days (what little I had). Riding and racing for the pure pleasure these days.
Paw Paw?

ausdb

Being who he is
Yesterday I dug the broken Ellsworth out of the shed to show the boy and his mates then took it to Quantum cycles to see if they thought it was weldable.
@Ponchoatdirtworks I'm not sure if Aldo is still around as a guy called Carlo looked at it. Somewhere between $200-400 was the estimate, depending on whether they stuck it in an oven for 9 hours @120°C or I do that part. I'm not 100% sold that it won't crack again if it's welded so said I'd think about it. It also buys me some time before I need to go unicorn hunting for a set of forks for it.

Today was a trip to the Kingsley pump & jump track which was a first for the boy and his mates.

I didn't take a bike but the boy let me have a turn to show off my lack of mad skills and I managed to roll the blue line without breaking anything :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yesterday I dug the broken Ellsworth out of the shed to show the boy and his mates then took it to Quantum cycles to see if they thought it was weldable.
View attachment 374243
@Ponchoatdirtworks I'm not sure if Aldo is still around as a guy called Carlo looked at it. Somewhere between $200-400 was the estimate, depending on whether they stuck it in an oven for 9 hours @120°C or I do that part. I'm not 100% sold that it won't crack again if it's welded so said I'd think about it. It also buys me some time before I need to go unicorn hunting for a set of forks for it.

Today was a trip to the Kingsley pump & jump track which was a first for the boy and his mates.
View attachment 374244

View attachment 374245

I didn't take a bike but the boy let me have a turn to show off my lack of mad skills and I managed to roll the blue line without breaking anything :)

View attachment 374246
View attachment 374247
Nice pump track!
Burn the Ellsworth.

moorey

call me Mia
I don’t use any cream, nor even padded nicks. Must have an arse of steel these days...blue steel.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally wouldn’t go with less than 140-160. No race up the climbs, and more forgiving on the rocky descents and jumps.
I really enjoy it there in Django (120/150) but yeah it does get a little sketchy through the rockier sections

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out on the roadie this morning for a couple of hours. Found it very hard to stay motivated so was pretty much just spinning the wheels

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Shredded the rear Dissector in one of the Bandages or Glory rock gardens on my second run at the Youies this morning, Rimpact insert and all :( hole in the tread should be fine with a bacon strip but the one right on the bead will be tricky. Will have to patch and relegate to the spare tyre collection.

ausdb

Being who he is
Nice pump track!
Burn the Ellsworth.
@creaky The track and setting is great, here's another view of the rest of the place.

The Ellsworth is a XS and meant to be a father & son project with the boy.

@moorey I wish I knew about rode runner last year, as the frame sat with my brother in Melbourne for ages. It's the one @Plankosaurus missed out on. My plan has always been to play with araldite and carpet fibre to fix it.