What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Have had more trouble with Dissectors on the rear than any other tyre in quite a few years.

Sold 2 brand newies I had here on FB a few weeks back, not a fan.
I really like them, I find them really versatile on the rear particularly around Melb where there’s a mix of soil types. I just also completely fuct a line through a chunky rock garden and hadn’t checked tyre pressure before leaving home :p

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Have had more trouble with Dissectors on the rear than any other tyre in quite a few years.

Sold 2 brand newies I had here on FB a few weeks back, not a fan.
Yeah I'm not a fan either. Tried them twice but each time found the grip lacking and they shred so quickly.

Currently trying the Kenda Pinner front and rear and I'm liking them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah I'm not a fan either. Tried them twice but each time found the grip lacking and they shred so quickly.

Currently trying the Kenda Pinner front and rear and I'm liking them.
I am currently doing a side step to try Michelin, still got a shit load of Maxxis here though.

FS to Wild Enduro and HT to Wild AM.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
As I can't ride right now I decided to make a start on the new BB and crankset.

Shimano in their wisdom have reduced the external cup diameter but fortunately my bb tool also has a BBR600 size (Ultegra etc) and this fits perfectly. It means I don't need to worry about the plastic adapter it came with.

Race Face cranks are literally a cinch to install too! Can't wait for my new chainring to arrive :)

I managed to bend the shifter lever so it clears the top upshift lever (that is strong steel!) but I have a lovely XT one on the way (thanks @Lucaw!).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
As I can't ride right now I decided to make a start on the new BB and crankset.

Shimano in their wisdom have reduced the external cup diameter but fortunately my bb tool also has a BBR600 size (Ultegra etc) and this fits perfectly. It means I don't need to worry about the plastic adapter it came with.

Race Face cranks are literally a cinch to install too! Can't wait for my new chainring to arrive :)

I managed to bend the shifter lever so it clears the top upshift lever (that is strong steel!) but I have a lovely XT one on the way (thanks @Lucaw!).
The tool used for the smaller BB's is a FC41, this is also the tool used for Shimano direct mount chainrings.
Its good that they supply a proper tool with their new cranksets now but you just get the plastic adaptor ring with the BB's.

A few years back, RaceFace were selling their NextSL cinch cranksets and BSA30 BB for a squillion dollars a set, when you opened the box, they needed a proprietary cinch BB tool to install the cups.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Giving the bike and drivetrain a bit of a birthday after it had been living on the back of the Van in Tassie for the last 2 weeks. Rain, Mud, Road grime, beach sand, you name it and its copped it...Hosing off at post ride bikewash stations only does so much. Haven't had surface rust on a chain since i was a kid. :eek:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Giving the bike and drivetrain a bit of a birthday after it had been living on the back of the Van in Tassie for the last 2 weeks. Rain, Mud, Road grime, beach sand, you name it and its copped it...Hosing off at post ride bikewash stations only does so much. Haven't had surface rust on a chain since i was a kid. :eek:
My chain was rusty this morning too... hadn’t touched it since it got rained on between St Helens and Devonport. Woops.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Gravel ride this morning with the wife and mate for a couple of hours.
Maintenance this afternoon on the gravel bike:
New tires and valves filled;​
Vittoria tire inserts installed;​
Brakes bleed;​
New chain fitted (for those curious, Shimano 12spd chain works will 11spd drive chain);​
Bartape adjusted;​
Di2 updated.​