What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

golden path

Banned
Fricken orb spiders were a bit how's it goin' across the tracks too, including some of those big golden orbs.

Helmet looked like it had been shot by a Spiderman web shooter! :dizzy:

hakka

Likes Dirt
Fricken orb spiders were a bit how's it goin' across the tracks too, including some of those big golden orbs.

Helmet looked like it had been shot by a Spiderman web shooter! :dizzy:
Went out yesterday morning and got covered in them, went out early again today but took someone with me and made them lead the way.

golden path

Banned
:spider:

Mostly they were little ones I saw, mostly.

But there was one or two of those real big fat female golden orbs and one of them dangling from the helmet visor or crawling on the neck kind of ruins the Feng Shui of the trail....

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Took my NS Clash out for its maiden voyage at Kalamunda. Awesome fun, a little dodgey rolling on Holy Rollers, but heaps of fun! It likes to bunnyhop and jump like a champ:biggrin1:

Clipped a tree due to my brakes being a little long in their travel. Got to my mates place, and the pads had started falling apart... They were some shitty aftermarket pads that had BBB on the back. Genuine Avid sinersted pads were popped in, then up and down the street a few times and stoppies ahoy :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Converted the stationary mag trainer bike into a kid hauler. She isn't light. Yet to weigh but I'm tipping 15kg.

Needs bigger rotors, need the cable stops drilled out, need a dropper and need to play with steerer spacers. Rear brake line needs trimming too

Would really like new forks but let's not clog the WTB section all at once.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Felt a disturbance in the force and fired up Blue 5 for the inaugural Princess Leia memorial ride.

Sent from my PDP-11 with typos and bad grammar courtesy of Tapatalk

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moved house the week before Xmas so today it was time to check out the local XC trail that goes along the river.

Was a bit hard for my daughter (quite a few stop and push sections) but she still enjoyed it with no complaining...hehe except the scream when she nearly ran over a bobtail.
JMridetime.jpg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Just did a stinking hot clockwise lap of Lysty... finishing on Follow me and Bermacide... then straight into the lake for a swim.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Since I've had to wait 3 weeks now for some end caps to arrive for the new build, I thought I'd give the forks a lower service. They're Marzocchi 55 CR and I've previously done some reading and a few people have said they've been a little dry on the insides from new.

Mine have only done about 10 hours riding so they were still really clean on the inside. I was super impressed about how easy these were to pull apart. Just pull the rebound knob off and both foot nuts are just a 5mm allen key.

The air rod was coveted in what looked to be slicko, it was either that or something identical, but there was only 10ml at best of oil. The seals also had a little bit of slicko, but only a very light smear.

The cartridge side was pretty much devoid of anything. All I could find was a little dribble of oil on the sidewall, that's it! Nothing on the seals at all.

I slickoed the shit out of everything and added 30ml of nice red 7.5 Motul oil to both sides and everything went back together easily and it seems smooth on the highly scientific push down bench test, so hopefully all good when I finally get them on the new build in the next week or two.

Next is to try and jam the spring onto the ccbd coil inline... Looks like Cane Creek like to have their springs jammed in tight.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Just had an ace ride of Lysty… was keen to see how it handled yesterday’s mega rain storm. The trails are sweet, all the sand has risen to the top and it was grippy and slidey all at the same time… fun, fun, fun. Two big trees across the trails, one on Redgum and one on Hug… glad no-one was under ‘em. My wife did the first jump on Hug for the first time… she got air and bragged about it till Blair Witch. Snipe was hard packed and fast.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Hit up the trails at Kalamunda on the Heckler today. Once again the 2x10 drivetrain chunted me with a massive mis-shift or something similar. It left me almost going over the bars, then boom straight into a rock and OTB I went. It was on a steep trail, so kinda just got thrown and rolled. No injuries to report.

Now to find a N/W ring for it, I just can't be farked with 2x10 anymore. Need to find something with the correct offset as I have 2x10 SRAM cranks:doh:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just had an ace ride of Lysty… was keen to see how it handled yesterday’s mega rain storm. The trails are sweet, all the sand has risen to the top and it was grippy and slidey all at the same time… fun, fun, fun. Two big trees across the trails, one on Redgum and one on Hug… glad no-one was under ‘em. My wife did the first jump on Hug for the first time… she got air and bragged about it till Blair Witch. Snipe was hard packed and fast.
Well done her!

moorey

call me Mia
Now to find a N/W ring for it, I just can't be farked with 2x10 anymore. Need to find something with the correct offset as I have 2x10 SRAM cranks:doh:
What cranks? I'm running gxp in both spider and DM. You're not bb30 or something? :doh:

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Went for a ride this morning and my shock decided not to play along. Bike is 10 rides old..... rides and jumps remarkably well with no rebound or compression control.

In to the shop when they reopen on the 3rd.......back to hardtail it is.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
My wife did the first jump on Hug for the first time… she got air
Well done her!
Yeah, I agree, good job… and is really stoked about it still. She has always B-lined jumps, but for the last few months I’ve been on her case to pop the front when coming off small ledges… and she’s kept at it and got the timing now and is constantly landing on the back wheel. A few weeks ago she did a small jump on a flat section of Hug, not quick and pretty tame, but today’s effort was in a fast descent, and she was hammering... definite air.

She really only feels brave enough to do tough stuff after a fair amount of time on the bike and the endorphins have kicked in… and today, the trails were sweet and she was going for it… not bad for a 50 year old.