What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Fair call…. But you are indeed wrong.

I only ride up to improve the downs. That, and just general riding improves my mental health tenfold

10 years ago, I was regularly racing local XC events, and hadn’t done a DH race in close to 10 years.

Now I’m doing every DH and enduro I can get to with the kids, and loving that the increased trail riding has given me the fitness to enjoy them a lot more. Haven’t really raced XC for years, and if I have, it’s just been because it’s local, and supporting the club.

Long story short, I’m still a meathead Gravity bro, just one with decent legs and no skill now, instead of no legs and no skills like 20 years ago.
And yes, I know it was a wind up, but screw climbing for climbing sake, screw road and gravel, and screw Zwift.
I’m sure you are right (as always, goes without saying, whatever) but I still think you’ve traded adrenaline for endorphins.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Went down to Ourimbah with one of the crew. Parked at the top and did a few push laps of things. I rode like a Jerry moat of the day. I did have a hit at the BIG jump at the top. I attempted to squish it and instead got yeeted a lot higher than I expected! I didn't quite make the landing ramp either. Cased it real hard...so hard I needed to sit down for a bit and work out what was going on.

Then we got back to the car and it had a flat tyre. I tell you what, the wheel security measures vw go to are very confusing! And they don't have very good instructions.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Went down to Ourimbah with one of the crew. Parked at the top and did a few push laps of things. I rode like a Jerry moat of the day. I did have a hit at the BIG jump at the top. I attempted to squish it and instead got yeeted a lot higher than I expected! I didn't quite make the landing ramp either. Cased it real hard...so hard I needed to sit down for a bit and work out what was going on.

Then we got back to the car and it had a flat tyre. I tell you what, the wheel security measures vw go to are very confusing! And they don't have very good instructions.
I hope you are OK old man but did you mangle much of the bike?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Feels like Groundhog Day. Another rainy Thursday night. Trail of Awesomeness again. Rode like a crab again.

Mixed things up with my first off in a while. Bombing down a fireroad, there was a fairly large puddle across the track so skirted around the edge and failed to see a black stump to the side. Foot made contact and I was launched into the very puddle I was trying to avoid. Not sure how I didn’t break my foot, but survived in one piece.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I worked with an Irish scaffer in Darwin for a few months, he wasn't a bad bloke, but the concreters were nothing short of animals. They would block the toilet and keep on shitting in it until it would reach the seat. Every toolbox meeting was about some misadventure they would get into on site.
We have a few older Cockney scaffolders here, hard old blokes. Accent still as strong as the day they left 30yrs ago.