What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually from Sunday but being organised is hard sometimes. Met up with a mate at Red Hill to go for a ride and ran into none other than @The Reverend on his Dreadnought so it seemed necessary to take a (Iowa Class) family photo. Conditions were mint, much drier than I thought it'd be. Great day out, although I'd forgotten how much of a bigger day it is when you incorporate a Sawtooth / Bowsaw / Charlottes loop as well.

View attachment 391187
Oh I knew that would have been someone from here! @The Reverend said g'day to me at the carpark as I was about to head out. No mistaking that machine.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wet ride last night. Rode like an absolute muppet; if there’s a slick root out there that I didn’t slip on I’ll be very surprised. Rain cleared for a brief moment so the crew could get a photo with the moon behind us. (I’m barely visible - back row centre)

And when it comes to mtb suspension, I’m like Ned Flanders with cable tv. Have all the travel and don’t use it:

Attachments

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Wet ride last night. Rode like an absolute muppet; if there’s a slick root out there that I didn’t slip on I’ll be very surprised. Rain cleared for a brief moment so the crew could get a photo with the moon behind us. (I’m barely visible - back row centre)

View attachment 391262

And when it comes to mtb suspension, I’m like Ned Flanders with cable tv. Have all the travel and don’t use it:

View attachment 391264

View attachment 391265

View attachment 391266
Really need to get some lights and come with you guys
See the messages on KMBC every week too

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Really need to get some lights and come with you guys
See the messages on KMBC every week too
It’s great fun and a nice crew. I don’t get there as much as I’d like with kids training on Thursday evenings now, but trying to get there once a fortnight or something.

Rorschach

It’s great fun and a nice crew. I don’t get there as much as I’d like with kids training on Thursday evenings now, but trying to get there once a fortnight or something.
How far do you go and what trails? Need to get (remotely) trail fit...

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
How far do you go and what trails? Need to get (remotely) trail fit...
On a decent night there’s enough for a Pain group and a Sane group. Sane would do around 22km at a moderate pace (about my limit in terms of climbing pace at the moment) and Pain around 26+km. They mix the rides up a lot, so no set route. They use pretty much all the Kalamunda trails and often will venture into the unsanctioned stuff as well. Last night was Trail of Awesomeness out the back of Gunjin, which pretty lives up to its name. Probably my favourite of the trails out there.

Rorschach

On a decent night there’s enough for a Pain group and a Sane group. Sane would do around 22km at a moderate pace (about my limit in terms of climbing pace at the moment) and Pain around 26+km. They mix the rides up a lot, so no set route. They use pretty much all the Kalamunda trails and often will venture into the unsanctioned stuff as well. Last night was Trail of Awesomeness out the back of Gunjin, which pretty lives up to its name. Probably my favourite of the trails out there.
Ugh, even Sane is outside of my range. Once up Gunjin is about my limit at the mo, and maybe 15km distance. Need to get Zwift back on...
Where is Trail of Awesomeness? Not come across that before...

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ugh, even Sane is outside of my range. Once up Gunjin is about my limit at the mo, and maybe 15km distance. Need to get Zwift back on...
Where is Trail of Awesomeness? Not come across that before...
One of the unsanctioned trails. Comes off the Munda Biddi south of Gunjin and takes you around to Mundaring Weir Rd to the east of Lockwood Rd. Just a really nice hand built trail.

Rorschach

One of the unsanctioned trails. Comes off the Munda Biddi south of Gunjin and takes you around to Mundaring Weir Rd to the east of Lockwood Rd. Just a really nice hand built trail.
Yeah, thought it might be. I'll have to look it up!

Rorschach

Got out at dawn for a ride
Swapped my dropouts over last night and it made an improvement to the bike, although need to ride it more to work out if real or placebo
Felt really bad though, so was slow and walked a lot. Still feeling crap now I’m home so hope it’s not COVID.
Also managed to ride half the loop with my shock locked out

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got out at dawn for a ride
Swapped my dropouts over last night and it made an improvement to the bike, although need to ride it more to work out if real or placebo
Felt really bad though, so was slow and walked a lot. Still feeling crap now I’m home so hope it’s not COVID.
Also managed to ride half the loop with my shock locked out
Do you make sure you're really well hydrated before you head out @Rorschach?

I know if I'm dehydrated (or just not really well hydrated) I tank pretty quickly on a ride. Can't just be chuck a glass of water down before you head to the trails, needs to be across the course of the day. Made a big difference for my riding. Learnt it from/was reminded to do it by @moorey - and safe to say he knows a thing or two about smashing out km's.

Rorschach

Do you make sure you're really well hydrated before you head out @Rorschach?

I know if I'm dehydrated (or just not really well hydrated) I tank pretty quickly on a ride. Can't just be chuck a glass of water down before you head to the trails, needs to be across the course of the day. Made a big difference for my riding. Learnt it from/was reminded to do it by @moorey - and safe to say he knows a thing or two about smashing out km's.
I’ve got a bottle of water in the car I drink on the way and I normally get through most of my pack - about 2L - on a ride so I don’t think it’s that. That’s my normal routine, and it works pretty well for me
I still feel shit now too, so probably unrelated to riding

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I’ve got a bottle of water in the car I drink on the way and I normally get through most of my pack - about 2L - on a ride so I don’t think it’s that. That’s my normal routine, and it works pretty well for me
I still feel shit now too, so probably unrelated to riding
Could it be related to last night's hookers and blow?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Finally got past my slackarsedness and completed the 5010 upgrade which I should have finished before the house renovation. Also had a fine Tonkotsu Ramen at Gyogo.

Anyhow, added a 160mm Bike Yoke Divine post, SDG BelAir 2 Ti saddle, new wheelset with Lightbicycle AM730 rims, DT Comp spokes with brass nipples and Hadley hubs, Pike Ultimate 140mm with MRP ramp control and matchy matchy fork stickers. All fitted together damn nicely and is more funky than James Brown in 1977.

As a bonus, the local groms are building a few jumps in the park across the road. I promised to respect and look after them till they get a bit sun-baked. I surely will hit them while they are at school and it is a slow day.

Tis done, now, dry weather please :)
20220716_135325.jpg
20220716_170229.jpg