What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got out at dawn for a ride
Swapped my dropouts over last night and it made an improvement to the bike, although need to ride it more to work out if real or placebo
Felt really bad though, so was slow and walked a lot. Still feeling crap now I’m home so hope it’s not COVID.
Also managed to ride half the loop with my shock locked out
Tip for you youngsters out there...always push up! Just tell yourself and others you're doing dh/fr push laps. I've been living the life for the entire time I've been riding mountain bikes.

Bike looks boner worth @Mr Crudley

moorey

call me Mia
Do you make sure you're really well hydrated before you head out @Rorschach?

I know if I'm dehydrated (or just not really well hydrated) I tank pretty quickly on a ride. Can't just be chuck a glass of water down before you head to the trails, needs to be across the course of the day. Made a big difference for my riding. Learnt it from/was reminded to do it by @moorey - and safe to say he knows a thing or two about smashing out km's.

I…um….I…in winter, I’ll hydrate over night, slam a glass or 2 in the morning…but not even take a water bottle out if under 2h/30km.
Warmer weather is another story though. Same start, drink plenty out on a ride as well.
That said, the fitter I’ve got, the less I’ve needed.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 391295
I…um….I…in winter, I’ll hydrate over night, slam a glass or 2 in the morning…but not even take a water bottle out if under 2h/30km.
Warmer weather is another story though. Same start, drink plenty out on a ride as well.
That said, the fitter I’ve got, the less I’ve needed.
Yeah, but back when you were a portly gronk like the rest of us you used to. Then you changed. You changed man. :p

moorey

call me Mia
Ha ha… I don’t know you from a bar of soap, other than marvelling at your posts.

But it seems to me the biggest change, is you have pulled the pin on being a super bro downhiller, and morphed into a big elevation XC rider.

But I’m often wrong.
Fair call…. But you are indeed wrong.

I only ride up to improve the downs. That, and just general riding improves my mental health tenfold

10 years ago, I was regularly racing local XC events, and hadn’t done a DH race in close to 10 years.

Now I’m doing every DH and enduro I can get to with the kids, and loving that the increased trail riding has given me the fitness to enjoy them a lot more. Haven’t really raced XC for years, and if I have, it’s just been because it’s local, and supporting the club.

Long story short, I’m still a meathead Gravity bro, just one with decent legs and no skill now, instead of no legs and no skills like 20 years ago.
And yes, I know it was a wind up, but screw climbing for climbing sake, screw road and gravel, and screw Zwift.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Fair call…. But you are indeed wrong.

I only ride up to improve the downs. That, and just general riding improves my mental health tenfold

10 years ago, I was regularly racing local XC events, and hadn’t done a DH race in close to 10 years.

Now I’m doing every DH and enduro I can get to with the kids, and loving that the increased trail riding has given me the fitness to enjoy them a lot more. Haven’t really raced XC for years, and if I have, it’s just been because it’s local, and supporting the club.

Long story short, I’m still a meathead Gravity bro, just one with decent legs and no skill now, instead of no legs and no skills like 20 years ago.
And yes, I know it was a wind up, but screw climbing for climbing sake, screw road and gravel, and screw Zwift.
These hackers agree.

moorey

call me Mia
He's saying Connor feels lonely and needs some Zwift mates.
Ah, that’s a Zwift thing? How would I know, and why would I need to know such shit? Connor with 300km for all time stats…impressive…I guess these guys has lockdowns too.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Showed the old girl a wee bit of love.

-a proper clean and polish
- new bb
- replaced rear pads
- inserted a Tannus Armour in the rear and topped up the sealant in the front( thanks @wkkie ), wasn't any trouble at all, maybe because I was expecting it to be a right palaver.
- fitted some new pedals

Just waiting for the trails to dry out to ride the thing now, oh wait.

7 DAY FORECAST
Forecast for Sydney (33.8671°S, 151.2071°E, 74m AMSL)
�������
SUNMONTUEWEDTHUFRISAT
Summary
Sunny

Sunny
Late shower

Late shower
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Minimum10°11°12°13°
Maximum20°15°15°16°17°17°18°
Rain10%
< 1mm
90%
1-5mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
UV IndexLowLowLowLowLow--
Frost RiskNilNilNilNilNilNilNil
9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm
Wind DirectionNNNWWSWSWSWSSWSSWSSSESESESESESE
Wind Speed24
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
Relative Humidity51%29%74%46%83%74%92%76%88%73%84%71%86%71%
Dew Point5°C2°C6°C3°C7°C10°C10°C11°C11°C11°C10°C10°C11°C11°C

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Showed the old girl a wee bit of love.

-a proper clean and polish
  • new bb
  • replaced rear pads
  • inserted a Tannus Armour in the rear and topped up the sealant in the front( thanks @wkkie ), wasn't any trouble at all, maybe because I was expecting it to be a right palaver.
  • fitted some new pedals

Just waiting for the trails to dry out to ride the thing now, oh wait.

7 DAY FORECAST
Forecast for Sydney (33.8671°S, 151.2071°E, 74m AMSL)
�������
SUNMONTUEWEDTHUFRISAT
Summary
Sunny

Sunny
Late shower

Late shower
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Showers

Showers
Minimum10°11°12°13°
Maximum20°15°15°16°17°17°18°
Rain10%
< 1mm
90%
1-5mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
90%
5-10mm
UV IndexLowLowLowLowLow--
Frost RiskNilNilNilNilNilNilNil
9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm9am3pm
Wind DirectionNNNWWSWSWSWSSWSSWSSSESESESESESE
Wind Speed24
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
(km/h)
Relative Humidity51%29%74%46%83%74%92%76%88%73%84%71%86%71%
Dew Point5°C2°C6°C3°C7°C10°C10°C11°C11°C11°C10°C10°C11°C11°C

I may be biased, but that is such a sexy bike.