What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Had a week in melbourne doing some shopping, drinking good coffee and eating lots of good food. Fully carb loaded and ready to ride on my return...upon return I test positive for covid...one week of sweats, chills, coughing and generally feeling average....lockdown lifted for me today so got to ride again! Definitely felt it on the climbs, heart rate higher than usual, lungs felt like walnuts and reaction times were a little slow but such a great feeling being back on the bike. Modded Mezzer (a week at home something had to get modded) felt sublime and the Madonna overall felt similarly good :)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Had a week in melbourne doing some shopping, drinking good coffee and eating lots of good food. Fully carb loaded and ready to ride on my return...upon return I test positive for covid...one week of sweats, chills, coughing and generally feeling average....lockdown lifted for me today so got to ride again! Definitely felt it on the climbs, heart rate higher than usual, lungs felt like walnuts and reaction times were a little slow but such a great feeling being back on the bike. Modded Mezzer (a week at home something had to get modded) felt sublime and the Madonna overall felt similarly good :)
Took me a while to fully recover, even a month later I was feeling it in my lungs when climbing.

Interested to hear more about the modded Mezzer?

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decided not to go to St Helens because of the threatened afternoon rain and have a ride here Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Well...I am sure you have seen how this movie ends. No rain it St Helens Friday. Starts in Hobart Friday afternoon; finished Saturday midday. Fark!! I laughed when Yvonne told me she got caught in the rain up near the top of the trails when it finally arrived in St Helens. Laughter stopped when I saw the mess I would be cleaning up.
So today just a croozy road ride up int the hills away from cars through Collinsvale. Any day on a bike, any bike, is a good day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well it turns out it is school holidays. I usually hit the dirt with one of my mates and his kids once or twice when the holidays happen. All this rain has kind of killed off that vibe. They came up for a bit of a street ride today. I took them for a few wall rides, some bunny hops, stair hucks, and what not around town. I generally have a weak arse lame bunny hop game but today I made it up 4 stairs clean. I felt very good about that. They weren't very big stairs, but there was still 4 of them. Now I wonder if I can do 5.

I also use my wet grubby squeaky brakes to annoy a local news reader. They must have had a slowness day so were down at the beach to interview a life guard about the wild seas we currently have. Each time she would start asking I would hit the squeak squeak. That kept me happy for a few minutes!

The seas were big though. A wave came over the breakwall and completely submerged the signal tower on the end in a wall of white wash. It is maybe 4 ot 5 metres tall.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I also use my wet grubby squeaky brakes to annoy a local news reader. They must have had a slowness day so were down at the beach to interview a life guard about the wild seas we currently have. Each time she would start asking I would hit the squeak squeak. That kept me happy for a few minutes!

The seas were big though. A wave came over the breakwall and completely submerged the signal tower on the end in a wall of white wash. It is maybe 4 ot 5 metres tall.
I saw on the news that some people were out there to get selfies and ended up getting washed away.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw on the news that some people were out there to get selfies and ended up getting washed away.
Lots of people about halfway down the break wall snapping up the shots, but I didn't see anyone enter the danger zone. That sounds like an unfortunate experience. The harbour is pretty ugly at the moment and the journey from wall to water is very rocky.

Was there someone in the background squeaking their brakes realllly loudly?
Not just one! You know what kids are like...one squeaky brake and suddenly we have to know who has the loudest brake!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mere DOT fluid would not make a mark on our Poods. Fear not.........
But it does! One day you might be lucky enough to see my hands. They are unusual. I haven't had to fuck around with dot fluid for a few years now and I don't miss having my skin irritated by it. At one point my fleet of 13 (I think it was 13...10 normal sized bikes and 3 small bikes I'm pretty sure) were all avid brakes and s was my personal collection. The amount of bleeding that went into keeping those brakes working (all elixir 5 on the big fleet!) was very draining.

Shimano brakes please.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But it does! One day you might be lucky enough to see my hands. They are unusual. I haven't had to fuck around with dot fluid for a few years now and I don't miss having my skin irritated by it. At one point my fleet of 13 (I think it was 13...10 normal sized bikes and 3 small bikes I'm pretty sure) were all avid brakes and s was my personal collection. The amount of bleeding that went into keeping those brakes working (all elixir 5 on the big fleet!) was very draining.

Shimano brakes please.
All of that barista-ing might have done it. Just don't bathe in it and you will be fine.

Shimano indeed do a fine brake.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Shimano brakes please.
You ever heard of disposable gloves?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Actually from Sunday but being organised is hard sometimes. Met up with a mate at Red Hill to go for a ride and ran into none other than @The Reverend on his Dreadnought so it seemed necessary to take a (Iowa Class) family photo. Conditions were mint, much drier than I thought it'd be. Great day out, although I'd forgotten how much of a bigger day it is when you incorporate a Sawtooth / Bowsaw / Charlottes loop as well.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually from Sunday but being organised is hard sometimes. Met up with a mate at Red Hill to go for a ride and ran into none other than @The Reverend on his Dreadnought so it seemed necessary to take a (Iowa Class) family photo. Conditions were mint, much drier than I thought it'd be. Great day out, although I'd forgotten how much of a bigger day it is when you incorporate a Sawtooth / Bowsaw / Charlottes loop as well.

View attachment 391187
Great seeing you both and the conditions certainly were A1 weren't they!

That bike of yours is stunning and it's so interesting how the different colour schemes make such an impact.

It's about time they got in the frame together. :D