What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Before we got charger dampers, dual air could be set up much more plushly than the later solo airs. They weren’t rocket surgery to set up. Never understood peoples issues with it.
They are very plush and worked nicely. When making pressure changes, it worked better for me to deflate both +ive and -ive and start again. Taking short cuts didn't end up making it shorter.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My spare bike has a dual-air fork. I found that running the neg pressure just a touch higher than the pos really improves the top-stroke suppleness 'cos it gives the fork a little nudge into compression. Careful not to go too overboard with it though, or you will lose too much travel, and it'll get very squishy too.
I'd love to have that level of adjustment. The way I ride, I don't need big hit support (anywhere I ride, as it turns out) I want small bump sensitivity. It's been a tale of subtle development. Volume Spacers, the right drip lube, broken in bushings, the debonair negative spring made the biggest difference. It's in a good place now, the new top out "bumper" should make it better again. It feels good on the road, been too wet to get on the dirt.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
24km and 3 runs up Gunjin last night.

Smoke haze, and pedalling, absolutely killed my lungs. Almost pulled the pin 6km in but stuck it out. Was still trying to get my breath back hours afterwards.

Liking the shoddy custom remote for the Gloworms; much better to use than the original and no stupid rubber bands.

moorey

call me Mia
24km and 3 runs up Gunjin last night.

Smoke haze, and pedalling, absolutely killed my lungs. Almost pulled the pin 6km in but stuck it out. Was still trying to get my breath back hours afterwards.

Liking the shoddy custom remote for the Gloworms; much better to use than the original and no stupid rubber bands.

View attachment 388599
Does it all live on there? Looks like a 30 minute job to set up and remove if not.
I’ve never felt the need for a remote. Helmet light is my main light, I just keep one on the bars these days in case the helmet cuts out, though with my failing eyes these days, it helps visibility.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Does it all live on there? Looks like a 30 minute job to set up and remove if not.
I’ve never felt the need for a remote. Helmet light is my main light, I just keep one on the bars these days in case the helmet cuts out, though with my failing eyes these days, it helps visibility.
Yeah, the lights and remote never come off. Majority of my riding is at night so it’s always ready to go.

I always thought remotes were a load a wank but have found it really useful. The Duo I run constantly at low beam closer to the bike. Then the Gloworms on bars and helmet are triggered by the remote. When I pull up to the group I switch them off so I don’t blind anyone. Uphill I run them on low and then crank them up for downhills and technical. A lot easier to do that with a single remote.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Obligatory north south track photo. Glad I got dropped off at Glenorchy and don’t have to ride up this trail to get to the car like i originally planned to. Bombing down then a tired climb back up would suck.

Some nice wine bars in Hobart. Late start riding today, cause reasons.
283D4648-2CBB-49F7-9D69-2C64F31D69C3.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Citation needed.
If I had one dedicated night bike, I could see the benefit….not that I’d have a clue how to set it up.
Set to low on a climb. Flick to high for a descent, keep it simple.
I'm sure some of the more expensive ones can be programmed to go from low/high with one press... damn, some are so smart they detect climbs and dip the beam for you.

The cheaper(ish) ones like my MagicShine cycle through all the modes with the remote. Which is useless, just put your hand over the big light or push it down and dont stare at the oncoming cars.

I would love a bling duo of Exposure Six Pack and Joystick but we need to keep all our batteries and lights the same as 3 of us use them... and damn sure I will not be dropping $900 each on friggin lights.

Not so keen on the Exposure mounting system though, would probably get the GoPro attachment and move it easily between bikes rather than leave that metal spear on my bike.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I'm sure some of the more expensive ones can be programmed to go from low/high with one press... damn, some are so smart they detect climbs and dip the beam for you.

The cheaper(ish) ones like my MagicShine cycle through all the modes with the remote. Which is useless, just put your hand over the big light or push it down and dont stare at the oncoming cars.

I would love a bling duo of Exposure Six Pack and Joystick but we need to keep all our batteries and lights the same as 3 of us use them... and damn sure I will not be dropping $900 each on friggin lights.

Not so keen on the Exposure mounting system though, would probably get the GoPro attachment and move it easily between bikes rather than leave that metal spear on my bike.

View attachment 388610
Once you Exposure there is no going back. Although current prices are nuts. Had mine for about 4-5 years and no need to upgrade. 2000 (Equinox) on the helmet and 3000 (Maxx D) on the bars on full power!! Got a remote on the bar for helmet light for longer burn time (switch between a high and less high setting). Bar light has the fancy doo-dads and adjusts light automatically.

If I had to replace would try to buy again but would also look at Outbound Lighting as they are getting good reviews.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yeah, the lights and remote never come off. Majority of my riding is at night so it’s always ready to go.

I always thought remotes were a load a wank but have found it really useful. The Duo I run constantly at low beam closer to the bike. Then the Gloworms on bars and helmet are triggered by the remote. When I pull up to the group I switch them off so I don’t blind anyone. Uphill I run them on low and then crank them up for downhills and technical. A lot easier to do that with a single remote.
You know you will never win with him anyway once he's made his mind up for you.... but I'm with you. I run a remote with my Lezyne and think it great. I run mid beam most of the time and whack it on high for descents. But as @ozzybmx noted, on my light I can set just 2 modes if I want so for a remote it's great. Greatly increases my run time and I don't have to faff around going for the button on the light itself.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't do much night riding, but I always have a second light on the bar like a small cateye pointing down a few meters in front of the wheel and the solar storms pointing straight ahead. The cateye I usally keep as a backup but if I need more light for climbing I keep it on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Once you Exposure there is no going back. Although current prices are nuts. Had mine for about 4-5 years and no need to upgrade. 2000 (Equinox) on the helmet and 3000 (Maxx D) on the bars on full power!! Got a remote on the bar for helmet light for longer burn time (switch between a high and less high setting). Bar light has the fancy doo-dads and adjusts light automatically.

If I had to replace would try to buy again but would also look at Outbound Lighting as they are getting good reviews.
Nice setup ! The Zenith must be the new name the Equinox and Maxx D would be plenty. I would probably go Six Pack/Zenith just because if I was going to spend $1100 on lights, might as well go $1200 :oops:

I do have a few rear Exposure lights that get used on every ride depending on the bike, TraceR (and Trace) Blaze and Flare.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

Hadn’t heard of the Outbound Lighting; they look great.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hadn’t heard of the Outbound Lighting; they look great.
Yeah. Price is not bad either. Think it is around $370 or so delivered for their bar light.

Thread on MTBR with good feedback

Nice setup ! The Zenith must be the new name the Equinox and Maxx D would be plenty. I would probably go Six Pack/Zenith just because if I was going to spend $1100 on lights, might as well go $1200 :oops:

I do have a few rear Exposure lights that get used on every ride depending on the bike, TraceR (and Trace) Blaze and Flare.
The Equniox was a because we can product I think. Only around for 2 years and run power at max short at 30 mins but with the plug in piggy back battery get an hour at full. Zenith came out a year or so ago and seems like a refined Equniox.

Have you seen a current Six Pack light in person? The light not the cans. It’s rather large! :D