What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
Good to know @Isaakk, thanks :)
I read somewhere that maybe lithium grease is ok too.
not sure how legit this is but I've thinned marine grease (the tacky green stuff) with machine/mineral oil (air nail gun oil) to the desired consistency rather than having a bunch of different thickness greases. And according to this marine grease uses mineral oil as its base oil - https://penriteoil.com.au/assets/tech_pdfs_new/Nov2015/Greases.pdf

Nothing's fallen off yet

I'm pretty sure i got the idea from someone smarter in an old post on here somewhere

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Out to the buller epic trail today. Managed a pretty high speed off about 2.5mins in on some stupid quick firetrail descent. No tumbling, so relatively ok, but managed to bend my derailleur and puncture my front sidewall which made for some fun trailside repairs on a nearly 50km ride.

They don't call it epic for nothing boy howdy! That was some serious climbing, and punchy and tech to boot. Glad I did it, but still wondering if that fun descent at the was worth all the effort

And my arm hurts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Was it that steep fire road with all the big round loose rocks all over it? I binned it on that one, went down hard sliding along on my shoulder and helmet watching the Trance cartwheel off into the scenery... No major damage and still rode the whole thing, but boy I was sore that night!

Haakon

Did some kms out at Kowen.

Whats happened to Kowen? No one rides it anymore... All the trails out the back are over grown and sometime hard to see even where they go. Stairway to heaven doesn't look like its had anyone ride it in a year.

Did everyone just forget about them..?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Was it that steep fire road with all the big round loose rocks all over it? I binned it on that one, went down hard sliding along on my shoulder and helmet watching the Trance cartwheel off into the scenery... No major damage and still rode the whole thing, but boy I was sore that night!
Yeah, barrelled down most of it trouble free, then saw a corner that looked like it needed a little less speed. Started braking with plenty of time, then started getting a little loose but felt controlled, then started sliding down the rocks on my ass with what I assume was a fairly surprised look on my face.

Climbing aside, I can deal with that, I can't wrap my head around the amount of fire road descending. I don't like shit canning trail builders too much, so I'll just say I prefer cascades.

And my arm still hurts

Haakon

Yeah, barrelled down most of it trouble free, then saw a corner that looked like it needed a little less speed. Started braking with plenty of time, then started getting a little loose but felt controlled, then started sliding down the rocks on my ass with what I assume was a fairly surprised look on my face.

Climbing aside, I can deal with that, I can't wrap my head around the amount of fire road descending. I don't like shit canning trail builders too much, so I'll just say I prefer cascades.

And my arm still hurts

I just clipped a round rock and it spat the front wheel neatly sideways on me - I was on the ground before i knew what hit me... Its a good trail to not ride alone I've decided!!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Did some kms out at Kowen.

Whats happened to Kowen? No one rides it anymore... All the trails out the back are over grown and sometime hard to see even where they go. Stairway to heaven doesn't look like its had anyone ride it in a year.

Did everyone just forget about them..?
After the last Mont, Al and crew gave up. They got sick of the logging and destruction of the trails with no Gov support to re-build so moved onto Zoo pines, then out to Cotter. There is a crew that still maintains Sparrow Hill though

Haakon

After the last Mont, Al and crew gave up. They got sick of the logging and destruction of the trails with no Gov support to re-build so moved onto Zoo pines, then out to Cotter. There is a crew that still maintains Sparrow Hill though
Yeah, I get that side of it. But no one is even riding them.... There are still a stack of great trails out there, but without the traffic they used to get theyre getting less and less ridable :(

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yeah, I get that side of it. But no one is even riding them.... There are still a stack of great trails out there, but without the traffic they used to get theyre getting less and less ridable :(
Most people go to Stromlo or Majura or Sparrow. Kowen is just not as nice to ride

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Took a little adventure to a rumoured off grid ride location. Well I'm guessing it was a little too off the radar as an hour of pedalling around, I can only find over grown trails and a hobo camp. I've got a fair while before the next train out of here so I'll have another loop just in case I'm blind.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Took a little adventure to a rumoured off grid ride location. Well I'm guessing it was a little too off the radar as an hour of pedalling around, I can only find over grown trails and a hobo camp. I've got a fair while before the next train out of here so I'll have another loop just in case I'm blind.View attachment 384461
Hobo camp? You mean
“Lifestyle home for the aspiring renovator, a true northern delight. Offers over $1.2million”