What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Rode Boomers on the Gold Coast for the first time today. Goddam there are some big gap jumps there. A lot of them are above my pay grade especially only a month away from the TransTas but I did hit a few decent gaps and tables after getting more and more comfortable in the air after sessioning a series of tables repeatedly. Rain cut the day short but I'll be back for sure....might even have started looking at downhill bikes (all the justification I needed to get a set of triple clamp forks haha)
The Ambo is on speed dial there mate.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Said goodbye to 2021 with a shuttle day at Maydena. Managed 4 runs of blue with some of the easier blacks on my SB100. We were in the line for a 5th run but missed the cut off time.

Even though I'm building another bike I'm getting more emotionally attached to this SB100. As as a "one bike" person, being able to shuttle Maydena and ride a 100km race on the same bike and enjoy both experiences is pretty fab.

Happy new year!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Opened up my fairly new Shimano M5120 deore 10 speed derailleur. It was making some awful creaking noises shifting with the clutch on. There was little to no grease on the barrel of the stabiliser unit. Applied grease, put back together and now it's quiet. I used slickoleum, as that's all I have that isn't marine grease. I figure I might have to apply it more often than the recommended stuff.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Opened up my fairly new Shimano M5120 deore 10 speed derailleur. It was making some awful creaking noises shifting with the clutch on. There was little to no grease on the barrel of the stabiliser unit. Applied grease, put back together and now it's quiet. I used slickoleum, as that's all I have that isn't marine grease. I figure I might have to apply it more often than the recommended stuff.
Used slickoleum on the barrel/band interface a while back and it only lasted a few rides. Ended up just buying some of the Shimano "special hub grease", and can confirm it definitely works much better.

Labcanary

Used slickoleum on the barrel/band interface a while back and it only lasted a few rides. Ended up just buying some of the Shimano "special hub grease", and can confirm it definitely works much better.
Good to know @Isaakk, thanks :)
I read somewhere that maybe lithium grease is ok too.

moorey

call me Mia
If it’s not fixed, the groaning will be in the part I can’t think of the name of. The other side of the clutch with the main spring attached to inner cage. I’ve had a couple that no amount of clutch cleaning/greasing would fix. The inside where the spring is can get mucky and groan like my getting out of bed.

Labcanary

If it’s not fixed, the groaning will be in the part I can’t think of the name of. The other side of the clutch with the main spring attached to inner cage. I’ve had a couple that no amount of clutch cleaning/greasing would fix. The inside where the spring is can get mucky and groan like my getting out of bed.
Lucky for me it was the clutch. Probably not greased up at manufacture, as I haven't used it much at all (this is on the non-kid-hauling bike). Mr Canary has the same one on his bike, has used it more and it doesn't creak and carry on.
Still a good derailleur for the price, good enough for this hack anyway.

mtb1611

Seymour
First ride of '22. lap of Camden with a couple of mates. Trail in top nick but difficult to follow in some places; the recent wind has led to a blanket of leaves, and recent rain left some sections feeling more like a dusk ride. Oh and I ran over a brown snake, yelled 'F#$K!' rather loudly (me, not the snake).

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took the Prime out on NYE for a bit of Munda Biddi from Black Stump to Mundaring, really enjoyed myself other than the brutal road climb from Mundaring Weir. 17km and 350m is not bad. Makes me think I’m well overbiked but the Prime handles it so well. Finally making the move to tubeless has made a difference too.

Also got the wife and kids to come to the pump track and took the aforementioned Prime as well as the young fella on his balance bike. Trail pressures, no fork lockout and a huge wheelbase means it’s not the ideal tool for the job but holy shit it was fun. Just about made it round the main track without pedalling, not bad for my first time.
I can see something with smaller wheels and a rigid fork in my future…

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Out to the buller epic trail today. Managed a pretty high speed off about 2.5mins in on some stupid quick firetrail descent. No tumbling, so relatively ok, but managed to bend my derailleur and puncture my front sidewall which made for some fun trailside repairs on a nearly 50km ride.

They don't call it epic for nothing boy howdy! That was some serious climbing, and punchy and tech to boot. Glad I did it, but still wondering if that fun descent at the was worth all the effort

And my arm hurts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out to the buller epic trail today. Managed a pretty high speed off about 2.5mins in on some stupid quick firetrail descent. No tumbling, so relatively ok, but managed to bend my derailleur and puncture my front sidewall which made for some fun trailside repairs on a nearly 50km ride.

They don't call it epic for nothing boy howdy! That was some serious climbing, and punchy and tech to boot. Glad I did it, but still wondering if that fun descent at the was worth all the effort

And my arm hurts

Nice work mate, not the arm.

Big ride out at lake Mountain for me today.
Four of us did the 2hr climb up from Marysville before meeting the rest of the crew for the trip down Cascades.
Managed to stack it on the last jump of the 50km ride and now cant hold my drink with my left hand lol
Nice Parma and beer at the bottom though :)

20220102_180213.jpg

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nice work mate, not the arm.

Big ride out at lake Mountain for me today.
Four of us did the 2hr climb up from Marysville before meeting the rest of the crew for the trip down Cascades.
Managed to stack it on the last jump of the 50km ride and now cant hold my drink with my left hand lol
Nice Parma and beer at the bottom though :)

View attachment 384421
A beer and a Parma would go down just ace right now, you definitely did it right.

Went to make mountain instead of buller
Stacked at the end, not the start
Finished with a cold beer and a hot Parma instead of a warm can of coke and a warm sanga.

I'm feeling a little cheated here