What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I did a very shit wheelie recently while pedalling past a small hold and their parent. When I say shit I mean shit...like front wheel up about 30cm if I was lucky and I think I got 3 full pedal strokes in before the tyre succumbed to gravity. The little fellow yells put excitedly to let the dad know "that man just did a wheelie!" Being a modest fellow I was all "it wasn't a very big wheelie!" And the kids slammed me! "You're right...it wasn't very big." Then the laughing at my expense began.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Took the bike out after changing the Smashpot spring from 45 to 50. Was the right decision going up a spring rate. If anything small bump is even better and it stays up in it's stroke a little higher which I prefer. Solid result.

Got the new shock (11.6) in the mail and excitedly fitted it for this ride. I was hoping for much more but it feels overdamped and doughy....bottomed pretty easily too. Feels nice enough at cruising but it just doesn't keep up when the trail demands increase.
Swapped it out for the Jade X with progressive coil (I had the linear spring on the last ride) and the feel, grip, compliance and support feels much better to me. A little disappointed if I'm honest.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Took the bike out after changing the Smashpot spring from 45 to 50. Was the right decision going up a spring rate. If anything small bump is even better and it stays up in it's stroke a little higher which I prefer. Solid result.

Got the new shock (11.6) in the mail and excitedly fitted it for this ride. I was hoping for much more but it feels overdamped and doughy....bottomed pretty easily too. Feels nice enough at cruising but it just doesn't keep up when the trail demands increase.
Swapped it out for the Jade X with progressive coil (I had the linear spring on the last ride) and the feel, grip, compliance and support feels much better to me. A little disappointed if I'm honest.
Bummer. Those DVO shocks are pretty freaking awesome.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Made a "doesn't fit" fit:

The octagonal interface between the dial and the damper was the same, but the cable-guide/outer body had to be turned-down underneath to fit into the damper top cap, and I turned down a brake fitting washer to space up the dial to stop it binding in the housing. Quality bodgeneering.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This seems very strange, in my experience 11.6s have a great pedalling platform and pretty bottomless feeling travel. An (un)educated guess would be your spring is too light (don't quote me on that though). Did you get it through Cyclinic? Give Aiden a buzz if you did, he'll bend over backwards to get it working properly for you. Otherwise the guys at Push will do the same - the Kenevo is one of their highest selling shock tunes.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Rode , it was Super Fun !
Did some exploring , the forest - some sections are untouched from the storms earlier in winter , in some sections giant trees just strewn about .
Mother Nature is incredible , it was very peaceful and just what I needed .
whereabouts?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ Well Wombat !
Nah i have a loop which is not the trail network - its rough and very 'endure-bro' takes me into the 'high side ' of Firth Park through the scrub - the tramway to Andersons Mill is now a cleared ( D7 bulldozer sized ) path to Andersons Mill Track , which has been upgraded with giant sized blue metal chunks .
Can come up of Anderson mill track and loop back across the forest in a combination of fire trails and abandoned logging tracks which eventually turn to single track .
But some of the trees down are huge and will not be moved in my lifetime , amazing and very quiet - to the point of being eerie .

i mean like what if the drop bears or the wombat monsters attack .......

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Went out about 7:45 this morning for what was going to an hour but turned into 1 hour and 45 minutes. Rode from home in Lenah Valley about 1200 meters to the Kalang fire road and up onto the mountain. Joined the North South track at bottom of this trail, than down to the Glenorchy MBT Park. Ride was extended has I was enjoying the jumps at the bottom so I rode back to the start of the jump line a couple times more.
Needed to get the most out of this ride as when the rain starts today it's not supposed to stop till Monday. Number of riders/walkers/dogs on track. Zero. Number of padimelons and wallabies in jump park. Countless.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 380924
Went out about 7:45 this morning for what was going to an hour but turned into 1 hour and 45 minutes. Rode from home in Lenah Valley about 1200 meters to the Kalang fire road and up onto the mountain. Joined the North South track at bottom of this trail, than down to the Glenorchy MBT Park. Ride was extended has I was enjoying the jumps at the bottom so I rode back to the start of the jump line a couple times more.
Needed to get the most out of this ride as when the rain starts today it's not supposed to stop till Monday. Number of riders/walkers/dogs on track. Zero. Number of padimelons and wallabies in jump park. Countless.
That sounds like an awesome day out. Kudos.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
This seems very strange, in my experience 11.6s have a great pedalling platform and pretty bottomless feeling travel. An (un)educated guess would be your spring is too light (don't quote me on that though). Did you get it through Cyclinic? Give Aiden a buzz if you did, he'll bend over backwards to get it working properly for you. Otherwise the guys at Push will do the same - the Kenevo is one of their highest selling shock tunes.
Shock came direct from Push. I've sourced a slightly heavier spring so I'll give that a go first (the DVO progressive spring doesn't fit unfortunately, too long, would have been keen to see how it went with that).

Did you mean the Levo when you mention the highest selling shock tunes? Pretty sure the Kenevo SL is a pretty small market.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Shock came direct from Push. I've sourced a slightly heavier spring so I'll give that a go first (the DVO progressive spring doesn't fit unfortunately, too long, would have been keen to see how it went with that).

Did you mean the Levo when you mention the highest selling shock tunes? Pretty sure the Kenevo SL is a pretty small market.
Ah yes, Levo. My bad.

Good luck with getting it sorted, they're an amazing shock. Don't give up on it yet!