What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Switch

huskier headed gent

Ordered myself one of these, Dartmoor Hornet 27.5. After moving to the darkside and getting an ebike (Marin Alpine Trail e1) I was going to sell my old Nomad to help fund it but with lockdowns hampering the sale I convinced myself to use the parts to build up a hardtail (parts were newish frame was old) and sell the kids commuter bike (Brand X HT-01 that I have no idea on how to price). Will be completely over the top for what I will use it for but will be nice having two new bikes in the stable. Now to just wait on Australia post and somehow find the time to build it up.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
got up to lake mountain, trail has just opened from winter, they are still clearing the top section/has some snow on it so we were dropped at ticket box [but the bottom is the better trk anyways]
trail was swept but still had a few sticks but in overall good condition, 8-10 puddles on trail but were not big and only got a few splashes, mostly on 2nd run when i tried stop avoiding them and plough straight thru

grip was good on 2nd run, was bit slick in early morning, i had not ridden the last 4km to town track before -it’s clay rather than loam and was very slippery, it needs to dry out whereas the top loam was really good- i was even able to build up speed thru the berms , mostly in the 2nd berm section..perfect time to ride up there as long as it doesn’t rain -i didn’t ride it over summer but it has gotten rockier this last year

they only had 4 on the shuttle, we all did 2 runs so they lost money [all weekend driver added -they were only letting 10mride, but got around 5 every day only] the father son who rode alongside us we’re from san remo -dad has a RM ebike and towed his kid on the big climb with some sort of elastic retractable strap—seemed to work really

forgot i got some leg pump -i was riding the berms with my left foot back nearly always -the berms seem to go on for so long have some muscle soreness in that leg today in the quad area

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
Dreaming Pools ride with the kids today. Although they bailed early at the Argonaut Rd exit and didn't have to slog out the 6km of climb at the end to get back to Flagstaff for the car.

Legs were a bit toasted after doing the Black Dragon climb yesterday, managed it with only 6 dabs and 2 tree headbutts, best effort yet.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Dreaming Pools ride with the kids today. Although they bailed early at the Argonaut Rd exit and didn't have to slog out the 6km of climb at the end to get back to Flagstaff for the car.
View attachment 380874View attachment 380875View attachment 380876

Legs were a bit toasted after doing the Black Dragon climb yesterday, managed it with only 6 dabs and 2 tree headbutts, best effort yet.
Such a lovely outing. The switchback climb looks spectacular from the bottom, but can be a bit of a slog with a few k's in the legs.

Lucaw

Next in line
@Lucaw - snapped your maxle? How does that happen? Your bike is cursed dude.
They had the bikes tied down vertically with ratchet straps as the trailers were designed for road bikes. So many bikes came loose and one was almost fell off. I’m pissed off to say the least. I’ll put up pictures and a wanted ad up tomorrow

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode , it was Super Fun !
Did some exploring , the forest - some sections are untouched from the storms earlier in winter , in some sections giant trees just strewn about .
Mother Nature is incredible , it was very peaceful and just what I needed .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They had the bikes tied down vertically with ratchet straps as the trailers were designed for road bikes. So many bikes came loose and one was almost fell off. I’m pissed off to say the least. I’ll put up pictures and a wanted ad up tomorrow
Well that sucks dude. 15x100 for rock shock... something something? Or the hard to find rear 12x135?