What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@zaf was the true powerhouse! His legs were as big as tree trunks! He’d have you believe. Just ask him. If he was here of course. He’d be happy to give you a run down on his massive legs anytime you like!
Me? I’m just a pale imitation with an elcheapo sram chain that gave me a warning to stop abusing it. Got lucky.
I've still not ran into him around here. He must have gone deep after pulling out.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You might have to ride the Highlander :eek:
I wouldn’t want to offend it on its maiden voyage to a place like quarry park!
Besides I cobbled together about 4 different chains/brands and about 17 used connectors. Not sure what happened to the 18th but seems to be doing the trick and hasn’t killed me yet! Check back later in the day for the funeral notice!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just about to go for a ride, start oiling the chain and find this. Dunno how long it’s been like that for. Glad it didn’t let go on the trail because I’m not known for sitting and spinning up hills. Im a stand up and mash hard sort of guy View attachment 380756
My brother had a shocker last Sunday.
Had to pull the pin on our ride after snapping the rear mech cable. Fixed it in the arvo and went to try round 2. Snapped his chain which put him over the bars and tore ligaments in his knee. Is Sram eagle, but not sure what chain he's running.

Continued my climbing theme this week with a 2nd trail ride of the weekend banking above 1200m. 3586m in 103km for the week.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The shop measured my sit bones back when I bought the Procaliber and put me on a 130mm. It was good for the short stuff but for the distances I ride it started to feel like it was splitting me in two. Going by SQ-Labs theory, 130mm would've been good on my road bike, but the more upright you sit the wider the gap between the bones, so I went 140mm

Ergowave 611 Active. And yes, CroMo because that was expensive enough. And it has orange trim.

The active part is an interchangeable elastomer cushion under the shell. It's designed to let the seat move with your hips as you pedal and take some of the sting out of the trail. It's not noticeable, but it is, if you know what I mean.
Nice. Did you look at the Bike Yoke Sagma or just had your eyes on the SQ.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Nice. Did you look at the Bike Yoke Sagma or just had your eyes on the SQ.
Only the SQ. Wasn't even aware of the Sagma until just now. Solid concept though.

I was 100% after the shape. My arse likes saddles that are ironing board flat from side to side, the nose to tail shape isn't as critical. I've had multiple Selle Italia SLRs on my roadies, anything else was just painful after an hour or so, and was contemplating getting one but they've changed the sizes so I really needed to sit on a new version to find out if it would still feel the same. The suspension part on the SQ is just a bonus.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Only the SQ. Wasn't even aware of the Sagma until just now. Solid concept though.

I was 100% after the shape. My arse likes saddles that are ironing board flat from side to side, the nose to tail shape isn't as critical. I've had multiple Selle Italia SLRs on my roadies, anything else was just painful after an hour or so, and was contemplating getting one but they've changed the sizes so I really needed to sit on a new version to find out if it would still feel the same. The suspension part on the SQ is just a bonus.
Currently on Ergon but would like to try a SQ saddle as heard good things and the Sagma looks funky too. With the k’s you do but good to hear how it’s going after a few months.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Took the day off and cheated a bit, squishing my bubble into a long ellipse to get out to some nice riding territory on the roadie with a couple of others a bit newer to riding. Trying not to make a habit of bubble stretching but god damn it was nice to go for a low intensity cruise in the sun for a few hours!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Right there with @Ultra Lord in the pain-cave nursing an online-shopping hangover. Frame, shock, RWC roller bearing kit for the shock eyelet, remote lockout lever and new dropper lever to make space for the lockout lever. Plus some basic service bits for a mate's commuter bike.

I blame @ozzybmx btw - he told us if everything's in stock, order it before it's gone! Just because he's right, it didn't make it hurt any less! :p

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Right there with @Ultra Lord in the pain-cave nursing an online-shopping hangover. Frame, shock, RWC roller bearing kit for the shock eyelet, remote lockout lever and new dropper lever to make space for the lockout lever. Plus some basic service bits for a mate's commuter bike.

I blame @ozzybmx btw - he told us if everything's in stock, order it before it's gone! Just because he's right, it didn't make it hurt any less! :p
Bought that revive on the weekend….
At this point the value of money is meaningless to me.

ausdb

Being who he is
I had grand plans of spending time in the shed finishing off https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/project-fd1-xtc-29er.318350/ which has languished for far too long as WA had a long weekend to get over the stress of holding the GF or some other reason I can never remember.
Found out Saturday wifey had volunteered services to babysit for friends who were going to the GF and a kids birthday party so no bike building. Sunday it's the royal show and dinner with friends so no bike building either.
Monday our kids invite their friends around plus I had to do some work, so no chance of bike building either. Finish work and suggest to the kids we should go check out the Dianella BMX facility. A yes from the two boys, lukewarm yes from the two girls, dig up a spare bike and helmet for one kid and pump up lots of tyres as its a couple of km ride to the place.
Get them there and decide to take them round the skills track loop first, this bit should probably be in the fuckwits thread as I've dragged miss 5 there on my old vintage barracuda with the trail gator as she can't ride by herself yet. I'd been there before when it was under construction and knew I could ride ride around all of the real technical features and there's a C line to roll down where it goes downhill. Miss 5 is Ok with this plan and we head up the little hill with a singletrack climb and roll down the C-line and out onto the flat. We get round and head up for another one and as we start rolling down the C line again, I hear from behind a little voice yelling "Daddy my bikes not right, it's gone all wiggly" I look around to see the hitch has slipped around and her bike is no longer vertical but leaning over to one side. (maybe this should be in the fuckwits?) She's had enough and wont get back on the bike so I spent most of the afternoon sitting in the sun with miss 5 watching my son do laps of the skills trail whilst my friends kids who aren't really big on bikes decide to try out the pump track and take to it like ducks to water.
At the end of the afternoon my wife came and picked up miss 5 and her bike and I rode home with the rest of the kids.
I also decided to take the old banger down the B-line and managed to surprise myself that the old Indy's didn't blow out the preload adjusters when I landed!

Sorry there was a bit of an edit as my phone went flat and retyped most of it on the computer.

Last edited: