The watch thread.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
I was actually umming and aahing over one of these or a similar atyle mechanical Seiko.
The eco drive appeals as I had bought my wife a titanium ladies eco drive as an everyday watch it its been great.
Fortunately/unfortunately nostalgia over ruled that plan, now to buy a 24mm NATO style band as the band on this is as uncomfortable as the original one was on a bare wrist.
Thanks for posting this. I bought one.
A nice, robust, reasonably priced watch.

Ooh no, is this an e-watch ?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sometimes I forget how nice this feels on.

View attachment 394246
Tissot and Longines are the real sleepers of the Swiss watches. My mum had some peak 80s excess watches, but wore a Tissot everyday and loved it. I gave my wife a Longines for our 5 year anniversary and I reckon it's a better looking watch than the antique Cartier Tank watch she inherited from mum.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Tissot and Longines are the real sleepers of the Swiss watches. My mum had some peak 80s excess watches, but wore a Tissot everyday and loved it. I gave my wife a Longines for our 5 year anniversary and I reckon it's a better looking watch than the antique Cartier Tank watch she inherited from mum.

I've had this for about 13 years and I think it was the last of the Seastar that didn't have a digital face (I think). Beautiful watch, really solid feel and great service when condensation got inside. I would recommend Tissot for a quality understated watch.

scblack

Leucocholic
Don't forget who owns these companies - Both Tissot and Longines are owned by Swatch Group. So they are ultimately part of the one company.:)

I do agree, they are both producing some decent watches currently.

Oddjob

Don't forget who owns these companies - Both Tissot and Longines are owned by Swatch Group. So they are ultimately part of the one company.:)

I do agree, they are both producing some decent watches currently.
I actually regard their brother brand Omega the best Swiss watch brand of them all.

The Seamaster Professional and Speedmaster Z and X series have some of the most accurate quartz movements ever made and Nasa still issue them as standard kit. The Seamaster Titan will probably get dug up by evolved cockroaches in millions of years.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I still have my Longines Conquest Ti. It is a beautiful watch but I struggle to wear anything 'jewellery' like anymore. Still costs a bit to get to 'serviced' too.

safreek

Anyone know much about the Omega/Swatch watches.
They look mad as for a 5 hundred dollar watch.
Google tells me good or bad depending where I look. Obviously one would get a proper band
Screenshot_2022-11-07-17-34-05-55_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Anyone know much about the Omega/Swatch watches.
They look mad as for a 5 hundred dollar watch.
Google tells me good or bad depending where I look.
People queued around the block to get them like a new iPhone. Kind of silly as they're pretend a Speedy, but you could waste your money on worse.

Question is can you get one?

safreek

People queued around the block to get them like a new iPhone. Kind of silly as they're pretend a Speedy, but you could waste your money on worse.

Question is can you get one?
Ebay has them if you trust ebay.
Other option is a good quality fake Omega speedy. The Indian knock offs get great ratings and apparently last for ages and keep great time. About 300ish. Yeah I know, fake wanker watchie.

scblack

Leucocholic
Any idea about crono24. I could go this. Seems cheap for a decent and good looking watch. Bit worried it might be dodgy. They do offer holding the loot until you receive the watch and verify.
Chrono24 is good. I have bought one of my watches from the site. No issues I know of.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Here is the Conquest Ti and a fine Tag Heuer 'reproduction' from a questionable gentleman on Sukhumvit road BKK that was delivered down a pipe or chute from the 1st floor of a shop front :)

I got my Dad a Rolex 'tribute' Submariner from the same guy. The watch died shortly afterwards but he loved that thing and put Seiko internals in it.

If you ignore the fake gems at the hours and that it would get a bit foggy in high humidity then it was a killer bang for buck deal.
20221107_185911.jpg
20221107_190002.jpg

safreek

Here is the Conquest Ti and a fine Tag Heuer 'reproduction' from a questionable gentleman on Sukhumvit road BKK that was delivered down a pipe or chute from the 1st floor of a shop front :)

I got my Dad a Rolex 'tribute' Submariner from the same guy. The watch died shortly afterwards but he loved that thing and put Seiko internals in it.

If you ignore the fake gems at the hours and that it would get a bit foggy in high humidity then it was a killer bang for buck deal.View attachment 394270View attachment 394271
I have to say that reproductions had been appealing for a while but the more I searched there have been cheaper versions of the brands I like. Providing they are not dodgies masquerading as dinky di. That's what has been worrying me with mail order.

Oddjob

I have to say that reproductions had been appealing for a while but the more I searched there have been cheaper versions of the brands I like. Providing they are not dodgies masquerading as dinky di. That's what has been worrying me with mail order.
But why bother? You can get the cheaper Garmin Forerunners for the same money. If you don't need all the fancy functions the Casio G-Shock is an indestructible piece of kit.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Any idea about crono24. I could go this. Seems cheap for a decent and good looking watch. Bit worried it might be dodgy. They do offer holding the loot until you receive the watch and verify.
Chrono24 is reputable. Also just be aware the watch you posted is a quartz movement in case it's not mentioned in the add.

safreek

Chrono24 is reputable. Also just be aware the watch you posted is a quartz movement in case it's not mentioned in the add.
Hmm, scrub that one then. May well do some proper research into what I really like instead of just window shopping.
Def want manual wind or auto