The watch thread.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ps has everyone been getting spammed by the first state watch auctions?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
Any watchophiles on here?

Courtesy of a certain Mod on here I've developed a slight watch thing. Never did see the point of spending lots on a watch that just told the time, if I was going to spend a lot on a watch I wanted it to do other stuff like give me compass bearings and barometric pressure. That was till I was handed a nice mechanical watch that I realised the craftsmanship that goes into a nice watch.

Anyway, what brings me here today is I'm trying to hunt down a watch for my brother for Christmas. Was looking for a classic diver style watch like this

View attachment 277265

But the issue is he has tiny little wrists and most of the dive watches I've found are quite big or way to expensive, especially considering he's 16.

So any suggestions for a reasonably priced ($400 tops) dive watch that's about 40mm or so wide? Ideally I'd like an automatic with a display back or a quartz.
Have a look at Pulsar. Basically one of seikos cheaper sub brands which is still quality. Also consider a women's dive watch for smaller faces.

scblack

Leucocholic
Didn't expect to see a watch thread here. There was a time I was into watches and started a collection.

IWC pilot chrono in blue (between straps at the moment after coming back from a service a little while back)
The rolex sea dweller 50th anniversary edition.
A maurice lacroix masterpiece lune retrograde in blue.
And my daily garmin sapphire 6x.

After getting the garmin, I sort of lost interest in collecting nice watches, and really I think the ones I have cover most bases as it is. Still wear the automatics on occasion, but for a large part just don't do it for me anymore. They do set off a nice set of threads when required though.
View attachment 393910
This post escaped me. Nice collection there!

A DSSD is the ONLY Rolex I would contemplate. :cool:

You know what I found recently? IWC now have Lewis Hamilton as an ambassador. No longer do I yearn for an IWC. Pity - they are nice watches.....

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
This post escaped me. Nice collection there!

A DSSD is the ONLY Rolex I would contemplate. :cool:

You know what I found recently? IWC now have Lewis Hamilton as an ambassador. No longer do I yearn for an IWC. Pity - they are nice watches.....
Lewis Hamilton is like the Durian fruit, IMO. you love it or hate it, with very few ambivalent about its qualities.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lewis Hamilton is like the Durian fruit, IMO. you love it or hate it, with very few ambivalent about its qualities.
I reckon I'm pretty ambivalent, I admire his skills and abilities to win 7 titles without cheating, but have never jumped on the bandwagon.

Having said that, it's becoming a lot easier to like him now a) he's no longer winning everything and 2) Verstappen continually exceeds his personal benchmarks for being a colossal fucking tool.

ForkinGreat

I reckon I'm pretty ambivalent, I admire his skills and abilities to win 7 titles without cheating, but have never jumped on the bandwagon.

Having said that, it's becoming a lot easier to like him now a) he's no longer winning everything and 2) Verstappen continually exceeds his personal benchmarks for being a colossal fucking tool.
100%, but at least Verstappen has never deliberately worn a floral pink knitted tea-cosy on his head in public, in full view of world media, to say nothing of the matching cardigan and pants.

ForkinGreat

Let's just clarify, it wasn't because it was pink but he had English Breakfast tea brewing and it was the afternoon.
That calls for crucifixion, at the very least. Some things are not to be fucked with.
Perhaps Lewis was not hugged enough as a child.