The watch thread.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
View attachment 394041

My 'Pepsi Samurai' on a NATO strap.
Love mechanical watches. I have a SKX007 too, this one is just a little nicer and keeps better time.
Nice. Was considering this custom Seiko a while back from lume shot. Quite reasonable considdering the level of work that goes into the mod. Especially like the red hue in the crystal coating. Really stands out but is still subtle enough not to overpower the piece
Screenshot_20221102-134547_Chrome.jpg

Here's the process of the making the mod if you're interested:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Had plans on buying this if I won the 160 million, obviously I didn't.
Would of made me one of the biggest wankers in the world, level par with moorey
Wouldn't you be pissy if no one asked you 'What is the time?' several times per day while a $3m watch was perched on your wrist.

Patek Phillppe must laugh their collectively snooty arses off each time they sell one. Pays the salaries and expenses for a long time and then some.

safreek

Wouldn't you be pissy if no one asked you 'What is the time?' several times per day while a $3m watch was perched on your wrist.

Patek Phillppe must laugh their collectively snooty arses off each time they sell one. Pays the salaries and expenses for a long time and then some.
Funny thing is it was second hand. Someone else's cast offs as such. Just realized right now what a peasant it would of made me. Thank God I didn't win :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
1-2% of the value of the watch, depending on how secure you're home is and where the watches are kept.
Depends on the watch. Piaget, Patek and Cartier's seem to cost more than that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Depends on the watch. Piaget, Patek and Cartier's seem to cost more than that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Depends on number of factors. If you were to try an insure a patek while living in the pines in Frankston, pretty sure it would be closer to 10% :p