The QUICK question thread.....

cammas

Seamstress
Ok even though it’s supposed to be spring leading into summer but with current weather conditions it seems to be more rain than sun.

Currently looking for recommendations for a wet weather jacket for commuting, must be waterproof and comfortable to ride in, my current one has worn out and is lacking the waterproofing so makes for a shitty train ride home. Not really fussed on price but looking for something that does the job as I will be commuting rain, hail or shine so it needs to work.
So after coming to terms with the fact that I’m overweight and plan on working on loosing the extra bike I’m carrying I decided not to splurge too much but still wanted something that will work, so grabbed one of these from Chain Reaction. Hopefully the online reviews I read are correct seems like a good middle ground with bonus of dickhead drivers seeing me plus I don’t need to change to enter my worksite.
2B07E836-36F4-437C-A96C-475B638671C7.jpeg

Flow-Rider

Burner
So after coming to terms with the fact that I’m overweight and plan on working on loosing the extra bike I’m carrying I decided not to splurge too much but still wanted something that will work, so grabbed one of these from Chain Reaction. Hopefully the online reviews I read are correct seems like a good middle ground with bonus of dickhead drivers seeing me plus I don’t need to change to enter my worksite.
View attachment 393430
Endura stuff is pretty good, I've got an older model jacket that's about 6 years old, and all the zips and velcro straps work really well. The model I have has a pocket at the back that the whole jacket neatly reverse folds into and you attach it to the top tube with velcro straps.

ausdb

Being who he is
I'm starting to collect parts to build up the little Spitty frame I got from @moorey for my son and have been searching for some 27.5 non boost wheels for a while. A couple of sets have come up locally that I am going to have a look at tomorrow. As its for a kid i'm heading twowards Option A a set of DT Swiss XM1501s not sure which year they are
XM1501front.jpg XM1501Rear.jpg

There is also option B Giant PTRX-1C that my Googel Fu says are from around 2015
PTRX-1CFront.jpg PTRX-1CRear.jpg

The guy also has a Stans Flow front with an unknown hub but OCD is making me want to get a matched set
FlowFront.jpg

Any suggestions?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Endura stuff is pretty good, I've got an older model jacket that's about 6 years old, and all the zips and velcro straps work really well. The model I have has a pocket at the back that the whole jacket neatly reverse folds into and you attach it to the top tube with velcro straps.
I have this year's Endura MT500. Nice pockets, zips and the hood fits a helmet. Bought to ride and wear hiking etc...
Pit zips are a great addition to a heavier waterproof jacket.
Was got on sale at one of the German sites, nearly half normal price.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone had any dealings with Pavilion Bike Shop in Mt Barker in South Australia? Is it a real shop? Good, bad ?
I want to buy something online from them online and will only take a direct bank transfer .
Comments appreciated.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has anyone had any dealings with Pavilion Bike Shop in Mt Barker in South Australia? Is it a real shop? Good, bad ?
I want to buy something online from them online and will only take a direct bank transfer .
Comments appreciated.
Never heard of them and I'm from SA. Only know Bicycles Mount Barker from up there.

Look for a fakebook page.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Comments appreciated.
Most recent Google review is worrying...
Screenshot_20221015_084212_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
They apparently have a shop in Tweed Heads at "52 Wharf Street"

Google says no...
Screenshot_20221015_090111_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_090046_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Coast Cyclery has a shop at 51 Wharf Street

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Unless it's a Bluddy Old fork with an open-bath damper, you don't need anything too funky; lowers only need a small amount of oil, so what you have will be fine.
Isn't there something about the Fox gold fluid that shouldn't be used with earlier fork seals that used Fox green before?

Might not be the situation here bit recall something about Fox gold.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Folks, any recommendations for a DIY framewrap. Just want to do a few contact points to avoid cable or rub on chainstays and not the whole lot.

I am after one that adheres with soapy water and not adhesive - since the chances are high that I'll screw it up royally without some chance to adjust it.

Invisiframe apparently use the 3M Ventureguard product which seems hard to find locally but it is the schnizzer IMHO.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Isn't there something about the Fox gold fluid that shouldn't be used with earlier fork seals that used Fox green before?

Might not be the situation here bit recall something about Fox gold.
I've never heard anything about seal compatibility issues. My understanding of Fox Gold it that it's comparitively sticky oil so can't be used where the oil bath serves dual purpose of damping as well as lubrication, such as OB dampers. But for the lower leg splash bath, which is typically only about 15ml per side it's fine.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Folks, any recommendations for a DIY framewrap. Just want to do a few contact points to avoid cable or rub on chainstays and not the whole lot.

I am after one that adheres with soapy water and not adhesive - since the chances are high that I'll screw it up royally without some chance to adjust it.

Invisiframe apparently use the 3M Ventureguard product which seems hard to find locally but it is the schnizzer IMHO.
Car stuff from the auto shops, you don't need to buy their products to install it just use kitchen detergent and a water mix, also check that it isn't old stock as it lifts from the backing paper after a while from being stored.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have this year's Endura MT500. Nice pockets, zips and the hood fits a helmet. Bought to ride and wear hiking etc...
Pit zips are a great addition to a heavier waterproof jacket.
Was got on sale at one of the German sites, nearly half normal price.
If a British company can't design a wet weather jacket I don't know who can. ;) I think most jackets leak from somewhere in a torrential downpour, I usually stop and hide under a bridge or walkway until it reduces but the main thing is that they keep you warm.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've never heard anything about seal compatibility issues. My understanding of Fox Gold it that it's comparitively sticky oil so can't be used where the oil bath serves dual purpose of damping as well as lubrication, such as OB dampers. But for the lower leg splash bath, which is typically only about 15ml per side it's fine.
Yes, Fox gold isn't a splash lube. That must be to overall issue. Here it is https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help....ible with all,wipers are compatible with 20wt.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Car stuff from the auto shops, you don't need to buy their products to install it just use kitchen detergent and a water mix, also check that it isn't old stock as it lifts from the backing paper after a while from being stored.

Thanks, Will have a look at Supercheap next visit.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

I use this helicopter tape. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3249905...xNkuRf0OSJ2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Quick question (easy one for the seasoned folks):

Shimano SLX brakes bled to death and the bite point is ridiculously low, almost at the bar. Tried everything from new pads, pry apart, clean pistons, bled both ways twice. Still the same. Works but just the bit is ridiculously low. Yes I have checked the adjusters too. I took the wheel and rotor off and tried to clamp the pads together and they didn't actually meet. Are they on the way out, or is there an easy fix?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Quick question (easy one for the seasoned folks):

Shimano SLX brakes bled to death and the bite point is ridiculously low, almost at the bar. Tried everything from new pads, pry apart, clean pistons, bled both ways twice. Still the same. Works but just the bit is ridiculously low. Yes I have checked the adjusters too. I took the wheel and rotor off and tried to clamp the pads together and they didn't actually meet. Are they on the way out, or is there an easy fix?
1. Have you checked the pistons are clean and not cracked?

2. Check hoses are done up properly.

3. Get a 2 syringe bleed kit and do the back and forth bleed. Shimano brakes tend to keep bubbles in the master cylinder and you can flick the lever a million times to get the out with the cup, but two syringes is way better.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk