The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Possibly looking at getting a bike, any idea if the Slayton is good or not, looks ugly which is a good point. Seems to review well. About 27lbs whick is pretty light
Or a scott spark, prob more xc I guess.
Possibly some squeek from them.
Both around the same price.

Open to anyone who has ridden either bike, also what value do you think they are worth

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Possibly looking at getting a bike, any idea if the Slayton is good or not, looks ugly which is a good point. Seems to review well. About 27lbs whick is pretty light
Or a scott spark, prob more xc I guess.
Possibly some squeek from them.
Both around the same price.

Open to anyone who has ridden either bike, also what value do you think they are worthView attachment 391099View attachment 391100

Don't do it @safreek! You're in for a world of regret. Hold onto those lettuce dollars and get yourself a thicccccccccccck bike that begs you to try and hurt it.

safreek

Don't do it @safreek! You're in for a world of regret. Hold onto those lettuce dollars and get yourself a thicccccccccccck bike that begs you to try and hurt it.
Yeah but there is no old bikes at good prices around here.
Haven't bought a bike in over a month and am getting the Jones. Need a fix soon

Last edited:

safreek

Mate, I'm holding the lettuces until my price comes up.
I'm more looking at getting the parts for the GT build. I got the frame from i_s and it's just been sitting.
Surely someone would pay 1-150 for the Slayton frame if I stripped it and left the shock

Litenbror

Eats Squid
What spokes to use??

Building up a trail wheel set with DT 350 hubs and spank rims and trying to decide on the spokes to use.

Pillar 2-1.8-2mm or Pillar 2-1.6-2mm?

I save about 30% by going the thicker spokes but add maybe a couple of hundred grams to the wheel set. Don't mind spending the extra for the thinner spokes and would like the weight saving. Also I'm relatively light so take that into account.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What spokes to use??

Building up a trail wheel set with DT 350 hubs and spank rims and trying to decide on the spokes to use.

Pillar 2-1.8-2mm or Pillar 2-1.6-2mm?

I save about 30% by going the thicker spokes but add maybe a couple of hundred grams to the wheel set. Don't mind spending the extra for the thinner spokes and would like the weight saving. Also I'm relatively light so take that into account.
2-1.8-2.

These are the same as Sapim Race and DT Competitions.

Trail bike and up I would use these every time, XC or gravel I would go the lighter ones.

On my Spur I used Sapim Race 23-1.8-2 butted and went with a 28h hub to save a little bit of weight as it was to be light trail XC.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'd go 2-1.8-2; the finer gauge is more prone to twisting during building, so you need to spend more time stress-relieving during the build process, plus they're also stretchier, which in one way is a plus because it reduces stress at the spoke ends, but can reduce the wheels' stiffness, which affects handling.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
2-1.8-2.

These are the same as Sapim Race and DT Competitions.

Trail bike and up I would use these every time, XC or gravel I would go the lighter ones.

On my Spur I used Sapim Race 23-1.8-2 butted and went with a 28h hub to save a little bit of weight as it was to be light trail XC.
I'd go 2-1.8-2; the finer gauge is more prone to twisting during building, so you need to spend more time stress-relieving during the build process, plus they're also stretchier, which in one way is a plus because it reduces stress at the spoke ends, but can reduce the wheels' stiffness, which affects handling.
Well now we have the gauge sorted....

Silver or black? Going on a clear coated alloy frame.