The QUICK question thread.....

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think a lot of this works for me. I might have been doing similar to it in the past and not realising it.
Time pressures can make a shorter but harder ride happen by default.

https://betterride.net/blog/2021/ned-overends-secret-to-riding-strong-in-your-40s-50s-and-beyond/
I read this and thought " this is how I have ridden and trained for years." I ride 4 days a week, HIIT training with weights the other three and stretch daily. I like his pre-sleep routine so I will give it ago. I don't race and have no interest in racing but maintaining and improving cycling fitness does interest me.

smaj

Likes Dirt
I read this and thought " this is how I have ridden and trained for years." I ride 4 days a week, HIIT training with weights the other three and stretch daily. I like his pre-sleep routine so I will give it ago. I don't race and have no interest in racing but maintaining and improving cycling fitness does interest me.
I started riding only 3 days a week when it got too dark in the morning to make it to the trail and back before work started. I really notice the difference in how much effort I can put in to the rides I do. My only issue is when I'm learning new trails that are difficult, I need more consecutive days in the saddle to nail the difficult features. With only 3 days in a row, I find the first day I'm not as sharp and making a bunch of mistakes. But overall, it's much better to be doing this than what I used to.

I study most mornings during the week, so the schedule fits really well. I try to be consistent with yoga or HIIT on the non-riding days (I use Wahoo for this).

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Quick question - swapped some carbon bars in and have a creak
Have cleaned the bar and stem, new carbon gripper and torqued everything correctly (including the stem), still a creak.
Any suggestions?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Quick question - swapped some carbon bars in and have a creak
Have cleaned the bar and stem, new carbon gripper and torqued everything correctly (including the stem), still a creak.
Any suggestions?
New bike.

Headset. Either ensure its all tight and true, there's enough grease, and you didn't get shit stuck in it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wasn't creaking before I put the new bars in. I only swapped the bars, not the stem
Still...for me it is usually the first culprit for mysterious creaks.

But is there any chance of moisture or grit under your grips? Or brake or shifter clamps? What about the bolts that secure your stem faceplate to the body? They may need some grease and Loctite.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Still...for me it is usually the first culprit for mysterious creaks.

But is there any chance of moisture or grit under your grips? Or brake or shifter clamps? What about the bolts that secure your stem faceplate to the body? They may need some grease and Loctite.
Not a bad idea, I just did a straight swap. I'm in COVID iso this week so a good opportunity to do some maintenance

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Wendy wants to start heading from NSW South coast up to Frog Buttress. Is she going to find anywhere rideable? Well aware everything up to Newy is a write off, but anywhere North coast rideable currently?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Wendy wants to start heading from NSW South coast up to Frog Buttress. Is she going to find anywhere rideable? Well aware everything up to Newy is a write off, but anywhere North coast rideable currently?
What's a Wendy?

Frog Buttress as in Moogerah in SEQ?

I reckon that even Coffs area would be a question mark.

Around and north of there the well known riding is generally pretty small networks and not all that well signed/mapped. Assume possibly:

Some options from S to N assuming that a Wendy hugs the coastline:

• Jacks Ridge - Nambucca Heads
  • Coffs stuff - Sawmill, Cows with Guns (some clay)
  • Bom Bom - Grafton (clay would be nuts after much rain)
  • New Italy (South of Ballina)
  • Nerang - should be primo
  • Brissie trails will be sweet and grippy from tomorrow with the limited amount of rain we've had

rockmoose

What about inland, via Canberra then Orange, or Dungog then Armidale?

The newest trails in Orange aren't quite ready yet unfortunately, but there's good things happening out that way.
View attachment 391010
She is looking at that option too. Armidale seems to be copping the rain today, but shouldn't be too bad. Wendy's don't cope with the cold very well though, which is why they scarper north each winter, for warmer climbing.

rockmoose

What's a Wendy?

Frog Buttress as in Moogerah in SEQ?

I reckon that even Coffs area would be a question mark.

Around and north of there the well known riding is generally pretty small networks and not all that well signed/mapped. Assume possibly:

Some options from S to N assuming that a Wendy hugs the coastline:

• Jacks Ridge - Nambucca Heads
  • Coffs stuff - Sawmill, Cows with Guns (some clay)
  • Bom Bom - Grafton (clay would be nuts after much rain)
  • New Italy (South of Ballina)
  • Nerang - should be primo
  • Brissie trails will be sweet and grippy from tomorrow with the limited amount of rain we've had
Nerang sounds like the go. I will tell her to assume the tunnel vision pose, and get the fuck out of Gladystan.