The QUICK question thread.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Should I be excited with these outer space pics?
They're pretty awesome, but also completely unfathomable in the sense of size/scale, or the fact you're looking at something as it was 13-13.5 billion years ago that wouldn't actually look like that now.

Being human, I'm still pretty sure I'm the most important thing that's ever happened in the history of time though. I'm kind of a big deal. Luckily I'm very modest about it. Probably the most modest person you'll ever meet in fact.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
They're pretty awesome, but also completely unfathomable in the sense of size/scale, or the fact you're looking at something as it was 13-13.5 billion years ago that wouldn't actually look like that now.

Being human, I'm still pretty sure I'm the most important thing that's ever happened in the history of time though. I'm kind of a big deal. Luckily I'm very modest about it. Probably the most modest person you'll ever meet in fact.
Fuck man, that country town mentality is messing with you already.......

smaj

Likes Dirt
I love how it expands your sense of scale. Each galaxy in that first shot has hundreds of millions or even billions of stars in it, and there are a hundred or more galaxies in just that one tiny sliver of sky.

Also, how all that mass in between us and those stars bends light around it (gravitational lensing).

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Has anyone had experience with this outfit? I'm thinking about getting a proper bike fitting to see if I can get a bit more comfy.

iconic

Likes Dirt
Trying to install the rotorburn recommended ztto 9-42 xd cassette on a hope pro 4 wheel. Not sure if I have it on right? Is this normal?

I don't think I'm missing a spacer between cassette and freehub as I believe that's a Shimano HG thing?

Edit: The drive side end cap is protruding about 5mm whilst with a SRAM 12 speed cassette it protrudes about 7/8mm

Attachments

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Trying to install the rotorburn recommended ztto 9-42 xd cassette on a hope pro 4 wheel. Not sure if I have it on right? Is this normal?

I don't think I'm missing a spacer between cassette and freehub as I believe that's a Shimano HG thing?

Edit: The drive side end cap is protruding about 5mm whilst with a SRAM 12 speed cassette it protrudes about 7/8mm
Unlike SRAM cassettes, they have a slot you need to align with the slot on the driver, much like HG’s do.

iconic

Likes Dirt
Yep have slotted the cassette in the splines, will give it a go tonight (time permitting!)

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk