The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Sooo are those ZTTO dropper levers a big step up from the TransX and Brand X ones?

I can take it or leave it but my son says the dropper lever is a bit stiff - he has a TransX JD-YSP18 dropper (the same as a $3,500 Trek... lol)

moorey

call me Mia
I've got the Raceface Aeffect dropper which is just one of the ones you mentioned. The standard lever is shite.

The zitto one is a huge improvement.
RF aeffect is brand/transX with $100 added on, unfortunately. Fortunately, they are all excellent droppers.

moorey

call me Mia
Sooo are those ZTTO dropper levers a big step up from the TransX and Brand X ones?

I can take it or leave it but my son says the dropper lever is a bit stiff - he has a TransX JD-YSP18 dropper (the same as a $3,500 Trek... lol)
Lever still shouldn’t be stiff. They aren’t great, but not stiff. I run 2 stock levers still.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Lever still shouldn’t be stiff. They aren’t great, but not stiff. I run 2 stock levers still.
One of the ones I had was. Swapped it for WolfTooth (before Ztto were well known), problem solved.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Mate of mine had a stock one.it was almost unusable it required so much thumb force. Swapped it to a Wolftooth and good as gold.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Instead of YMMV (You Mileage May Vary), @moorey has altered it to MMMV (My Mileage May Vary) instead.

Why he still hasn't updated to the metric system is another issue altogether... (He is from Buninyong remember, so this "fancy new-fangled thinking" might not have caught on up there yet...)
All I could come up with was My Manboobies May Vary.
Speaking of Ballarat is this a mate of yours @moorey ?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Instead of YMMV (You Mileage May Vary), @moorey has altered it to MMMV (My Mileage May Vary) instead.

Why he still hasn't updated to the metric system is another issue altogether... (He is from Buninyong remember, so this "fancy new-fangled thinking" might not have caught on up there yet...)
It's evident in his reluctance to embrace the 622 mm wheel standard.

moorey

call me Mia

Yes. My mileage may vary. I’ve put them on other kids bikes without issue….but to replace the awful stock KS ones, so anything is an improvement.