The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well yes but it weighs the same as my Recon!
Well I think we are well aware of the issue in that statement...because your current fork is heavy, doesn't mean you can't have a lighter one now.

I'm not against the Mezzer, manipoo make some good stuff, just wondering if there are better options for you.

The frame is begging for something stiff that can plow, and the bike is light enough to afford the extra grams but running such a big fork at 140mm could be overkill for sure. It can only improve the way he rides, but I concede a Pike/Lyrik or Fox 36 would also do a superb job, and if you could find something in that vein second hand on RB it would be worthy.

Personally, I just love coil forks ever since the old Z1 and if I was upgrading would chuck a Mezzer on the Bronson in a jiffy. The old 130mm Sherman I had was a great fork, I can only imagine a 160 Mezzer would be like that but betterer.

The Cairns terrain has plenty of chunky stuff.
Maybe he is about to be the FNQ send lord?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah the rates should be better, and just check what your bank's fees are to see if you're still ahead. I've got 0% international conversion fees with a Bankwest CC and have a Citi debit card that does this as well although I haven't used that in ages. edit: Citi is just when you're overseas so not much use at the moment!

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
That's pretty good, I'd probably lean toward the Auron though. The Durolux is likely a bit too stiff, same with the Mezzer.

A new Pike Select is $999 but the Auron is $649!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That's pretty good, I'd probably lean toward the Auron though. The Durolux is likely a bit too stiff, same with the Mezzer.

A new Pike Select is $999 but the Auron is $649!
Neither the Durolux or the Mezzer should be 'too stiff' in terms of the chassis, if anything (and as others have said) for your height & weight a stiffer fork will be a benefit. Marz 36 [EDIT: Z1, not the Fox 36] or Durolux would be my recommendations.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Neither the Durolux or the Mezzer should be 'too stiff' in terms of the chassis, if anything (and as others have said) for your height & weight a stiffer fork will be a benefit. Marz 36 or Durolux would be my recommendations.
No good getting excited about it yet, still got a bit to go before I really start annoying everyone with (even more) questions.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah the rates should be better, and just check what your bank's fees are to see if you're still ahead. I've got 0% international conversion fees with a Bankwest CC
Same with a 28Degrees Mastercard.

Yes, get yourself a 28degrees Mastercard or similar and attach it to your PayPal account. No international transaction fees, no international currency changing fees and a better exchange rate than PayPal gives you.