The Photo Snob Thread

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I think he was shooting through the fence which would have limited him somewhat (especially with the one-in-a-million crash shot!)

Great to see you back in the game, Jase!
I think it was more the fact they were shot with a 300mm prime, so getting a looser crop wasn't such an option.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys, it was both really, I was shooting through a fence which made life hard, and yeah I was also using my 300 witg a 2x teleconverter on, I tried my 70-200 with a tc but it just refused to focus properly through the fence there was alot of reflection and artifacts, even the 300 alone wouldnt focus neatly and the cars seemed too far away at 300, so I just stuck with the 300 & TC. Im pretty happy considering they were shot through a fance and all :)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Cheers guys, it was both really, I was shooting through a fence which made life hard, and yeah I was also using my 300 witg a 2x teleconverter on, I tried my 70-200 with a tc but it just refused to focus properly through the fence there was alot of reflection and artifacts, even the 300 alone wouldnt focus neatly and the cars seemed too far away at 300, so I just stuck with the 300 & TC. Im pretty happy considering they were shot through a fance and all :)
I forgot to say the middle one is sick. Even if it is a little tight, the sharpness + bukake on it is rad. Love super-tele's.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Oh man, don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting the fact that they are pretty damn awesome! I'd kill for the level of sharpness and creamy bokeh (read: heat blur) in that middle shot!

tu plang

knob
I really like it too, I don't mind the crop at all on that one, it works for the composition.

I have a feeling tris is looking at a different pic though...

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Is the bukake going on in that port-a-loo in the background?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
couple more..

For some reason I like this, I think its because the bloke on the bike is trying to explain just whack my helmet if you wanna stop, yet Grosjean is thinking 'dude I was just in a crash, just shut up for a second'

Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Romain Grosjean by Jason Stevens Photography, on Flickr

Crazy S.O.B pilot, nuff said

Qantas 747-400 Formula 1 Grand Prix 2012 Fly Over by Jason Stevens Photography, on Flickr

Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Lotus by Jason Stevens Photography, on Flickr

Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Sauber by Jason Stevens Photography, on Flickr

Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Red Bull by Jason Stevens Photography, on Flickr

Aaand thats all I got, No more F1, I promise haha. The last few lack some contrast I think, looking at them again.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Actually really like that bottom one, well done man :)

Oh, yeah. Forgot to post this.. instagram just to piss you all off

skivi

Likes Dirt
hello all, been a while since i've been around here. the girlfriend is off to euroland for a holiday and needs a new compact digital, nothing fancy, just something she can flick on full auto and let it do all the work, any suggestions?

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
How much are you looking at spending?
I'e had a Nikon s8000 and it was fantastic, my brother lost it and bought me the s9100 and it's een better.
A friend has one of the P-series and it's really great too.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
hello all, been a while since i've been around here. the girlfriend is off to euroland for a holiday and needs a new compact digital, nothing fancy, just something she can flick on full auto and let it do all the work, any suggestions?
Canon s95.

Unquestionably.

I think they've been superceded now so should be pretty cheap.

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Scared the fucking shit out of me, I was about to take a piss and flicked the light on to this guy having dinner 50cm from my face.

IMG_0013.jpg

I mucked around a bit trying to manually set the aperture on my plastic fantastic 50mm, took a bit of fiddling. Since it's on an accordian extension thing, I had to set it, rip the lens off mid-way through a photo so the blades would hold where I want them, then stick on the extender and see if I picked a good setting.. About f4.5, and a torch off to the side was sweet. Any lower and I reckon the focus was too thin.

Anyway cnc is always nice.

Last edited:
Scared the fucking shit out of me, I was about to take a piss and flicked the light on to this guy having dinner 50cm from my face.
Awesome. It's been a while since there have been some bugs in here. Maybe I should pull the camera out again. Despite the wafer thin dof, you got the focus right on the eyes. By the looks of it, it could be a lady eating her significant other, but I don't really know with huntsmans. Good effort overall though. How many pics did you have to take to get this one?