The Photo Snob Thread

hubbie

Forever 1,337
I'm going to spend the day counting the hairs on alex's face, then call him as God, and get him to do my bidding.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Trying out the D90

I'm a bit afraid of wading in here, amongst the pro's!

c&c welcome. First time I've used the camera etc...

ferntreekid

Likes Bikes
hey callan,
like the idea for both, but the DoF annoys me a bit, just on the back of his jaw is strange and makes my eyes wander a bit. maybe that's what you're going for and it's personal preference i guess.
sick otherwise though!

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One from Yesterday at last casual weekend before K.O.B, wasn't exactly having a good day with the camera, but this one turned out a treat :)

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt

well its only been about 2 and a bit months, but ive finally gotten around to going through my shots from Bali. (Hold your breath for deep rationale)I really like the framing of this picture, the way that the wooden foreground surrounds the face, almost symbolising the way these women are “trapped” in this career of no future opportunity

C&C?

Jervis

Likes Dirt
To be honest, I have no idea how to use photoshop other than dodge, clone and burn. I don't have it on my computer, only played around with the software a few times at school and on my brothers computer(s). So when taking a photo I try and get it as good as I can to avoid major editing other than exposure, saturation etc. Anyway, would anyone be interested in editing this photo I took yesterday.

Shot with-
Body: Canon 400D
Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.4
Flash: Canon 430exII (slave) & Canon 580exII (master)
(please excuse his fly being half down, didn't notice at the time)

higher res version:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4700146812_aab15e6338_b.jpg

Jervis

Likes Dirt
I had a go jervis! A bigger version would have been better, the high res one was 333kb or somthing tiny..
Yeah not sure how that happened, Flickr generally keeps good quality. The file was like 3.7MB when I uploaded it. I like the edit Alex! cheers :)

alexx23

Likes Dirt
liess jervis, flickr kills the size, it uploads it at 3.5mb or whatever, but then killzz it!

There is an grain slider in lightroom 3 ango! Its cool i guess, if your into grain that is. :)