The Photo Snob Thread

Lorday

Eats Squid
^^ First is great! Well done!

Just got back from my own little trip supervising a group of Year 9 Outdoor Ed students. Tell you what, an overgrown pine plantation serves as the BEST location for 'Capture the Flag', especially at night with glowsticks!
Fuck the year 9's, I'd be keen for that!

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
Because Underwater cases are so expensive for DSLRs i've just been shooting from the shore, trying to convey the people and lifestyle involved.
not really getting that far with it yet, as I'm more in the water than shooting but.

just heading to a local beach break.

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Thanks Ango and Rabatt! Im planning on taking some more shots throughout the holidays so I can get some more experince with the new camera, had a try at shooting a bit of touch footy at my local club with my 75-300, lighting was shit-house but I now appreciate shooting in RAW! shots that were absolutely terribly became recognisable after post proccessing - still horrible though haha ;)

What is everyone thoughts on Shooting in RAW?
Pro's and Con's?

Cheers

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
I used to shoot in RAW when I shot gigs. It was more flexible on the editing side of things, I found it coped better with pushing the exposure than similar jpg photos.

I stopped shooting RAW because the files were so damn big, and because I didn't need to salvage my live music shots as much as I used to, and because I'm about to travel for a long time and don't know how often I'll be able to dump photos from memory cards onto alternate storage, and therefore, space is an issue..

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always shoot in RAW, easier to salvage, gives me the flexibility to take single shot HDR, and the color depth in general seems to be much better straight from the camera, space isn't exactly an issue for me, I always have a 500Gb laptop with me and 25Gb of cards, even when travelling I never seem to run out of room. In general I think I just prefer RAW for its flexibility and editability.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I shoot in Raw & Jpeg. Once again, space is not an issue for me.
I shoot both for the same reasons as Jason & Jpeg because it cuts down my workflow time.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Late night, intoxicated editing sessions seem to be working for ya then mate, I dig!

Not sure if I like this or not. It's a bit messy with the sky, and the lens flare, but the idea is there...

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Another:

These photos were actually just to test the lighting for a shoot of a couple models, but definitely keen to reshoot this on location, I have some interesting ideas, indeeeed.