Aperture: f/2.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 1600

park has lights

I only have one trigger atm, one flash is lame... :

Wasn't heaps keen on it.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Yeah. Don't really dig that last one. Good stuff for using the park lights though! Turned out sweet. I wish some of our parks around here had lights...the ones that do usually come with a 90% chance of being gutted for your shit.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For the kind of stuff I shoot...

CANON EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM ($1,399.00) or CANON EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM ($879.00)

I'm leaning very far towards the 24-105mm but the 15-85mm has such a more inviting price, having said that i'm willing to wait it out and pay the higher price of the 24-105mm is actually worth it. Remember that this will becoming from a 17-85mm lense, and both of these lenses take better pictures than that (yet I like the 17 - 85mm) but unfortunately I have to replace and while I'm spending the money I'd rather upgrade.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
New website, new photo:)

*Snap*
Great Ocean Road, 17-40L, 1/160, ISO100

New websiteeeeeeee!
http://www.oliversmithphoto.com/

Was somewhat concerned about the white/black clash, but it turned out ok...just wish i could soften the border a bit.

You refers to me. Nice dude!

The only thing with the photo...the horizon is crooked, and no matter how cool the photo is it just won't be complete until the horizon is straight. Otherwise it's pimpin!

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Shot a gig last night with the worst lighting imaginable. Front lighting was rare, and the sound tech (yep, sound tech on the lighting) was in love with the red backlights. Still, I got a couple which I was happy with, when the lights briefly got acceptable..

Thoughts on the matter?

Drew.

Eats Squid
Looks great, Olly! Can you help me as to how embed the simpleviewer? Everytime I try I can never get it to load, something to do with the .XML data? Do you use dreamweaver?

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Yeah I use dreamweaver. You don't absolutely need dreamweaver, but you need something to edit the .XML with. You have to have two folders, images and thumbnails, and then you keep the file names the same for thumbs and images. When you edit the .XML, you just add the filenames in and customise it by changing the size/colours at the top.

The catch with simpleviewer is that everything needs to be exactly right. It should be pretty straightforward, but yeah...just make sure it's all there.

Drew.

Eats Squid
I use dreamweaver, and do all that jazz (in fact i have the photoshop add on that creates the gallery for you), and i upload it, goto the address and it works, then i try and embed flash object, and it embeds the object but refuses to carry over the .XML data, hence having the parameters for the gallery, only with no guts. :confused:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I remember a few of you printing using an online place that was really good. Can someone please tell me what that was?
RedBubble is pretty good, I've had a couple of framed prints done by them and they're pretty competitive - especially if you have non-standard image dimensions an would otherwise need a print done and then a custom frame job.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For what its worth ~

My sister is looking for a photographer in Brisbane to take some photos of her daughter (my niece). She's having a bit of trouble and asked if i knew anybody who knew somebody etc etc. Would anybody in the Brisbane area be interested?

:confused::confused::confused:

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Shot a gig last night with the worst lighting imaginable. Front lighting was rare, and the sound tech (yep, sound tech on the lighting) was in love with the red backlights. Still, I got a couple which I was happy with, when the lights briefly got acceptable..
*snips*
Thoughts on the matter?
Hey man,
I like the first and second, good shots :)
are you shooting with a flash?, I'm just thinking for the second if you had a small amount of fill flash in the front it may have been rad.
third doesn't do much, sorry mate. no focal point, nothing much at all in clear focus, so yeh.

anyway, these have ben up on my flickr for a week or so, but i thought i'd post here for C&C, if any :)

cheers.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyway, these have ben up on my flickr for a week or so, but i thought i'd post here for C&C, if any :)

Bit of advice Leitch once gave me on my modelling shots, carefull of the chopping part limbs off - e.g. her right hand though. I would have also liked to see a bit more of the wall that hand is on, or even none of the wall at all and her hand down by her side... if that makes sense...