The Photo Snob Thread

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
If you can stretch the budget to get the Cactus flash and receiver set (2xflashes, 2xreceivers, 1xtriggers), do that. You'll learn heaps.
Thats the one I was thinking of. I know it's around $200ish and I can probably go to $300 if need be, do you know where I could purchase said cactus flash and reciever set?

Drew.

Eats Squid
Big titted asians are aweeesssssommeee.

I got a couple pictures this arvo, not really happy with any of them, couldnt for the love of me get my lighting right, along with batterys getting low leading to misfiring, ugh. Oh well.

more on my flickR.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
has anyone used a 1.4x or 2x extender on an EF 70-200?
How do they perform? Any IQ loss? How many stops loss?

Thanks
I'm guessing you're talking about the 70-200 f/4?

1.4x you'll lose one stop, making it 280mm @ f/5.6, 2x you'll lose two stops, making it 400mm @ f/8. A minimum aperture of f/8 will only auto-focus on 1-series bodies and there will be a bit of IQ loss. 1.4x you shouldn't notice too much change in AF-speed and IQ, although if you're really pedantic you'll pick up on it.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing you're talking about the 70-200 f/4?

1.4x you'll lose one stop, making it 280mm @ f/5.6, 2x you'll lose two stops, making it 400mm @ f/8. A minimum aperture of f/8 will only auto-focus on 1-series bodies and there will be a bit of IQ loss. 1.4x you shouldn't notice too much change in AF-speed and IQ, although if you're really pedantic you'll pick up on it.
Yeh F/4. And ok. So i'd be better of going the 1.4x if i want to have AF. Its a 1.6 crop so x2 may just be overboard.

And just a matter of thought. What would be a reasonable asking price for a 1dsmk1.?

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about a picture of a photographer?

oohhh ddamnn!

This I also like :D

Also guys, need some help! My 17 - 85mm (only lense dad and I have til I buy my own 50D) has shit itself, but it's weird. Near the end of one of my shoots I started getting the "err 01" about the lense and camera not communicating or wahtever and have to clean the contacts. Turning it on or off for a while made it go away. Then I did another shoot, and it took 200 photos before it happened. Then it just kept happening. So I stopped. Then we cleaned the contacts with alcohol, then dad went to use it while I was in Brisbane, and it wouldn't even take a single shot. So he cleaned the contacts with a rubber. Still wouldn't take a single shot. I got home, still wouldn't take a single shot. So I took it to a friend, and we put anotehr lense on - worked perfect. Put our lense on his camera, same problem. Wouldn't take a single shot.

Then I put it in my car, drove my merry way home and told dad the bad news. He then got the camera out, and started snapping shots. We seriously took about 50 photos and couldn't get it to happen again. WTF do we do? Anyone got any ideas? :( p.s. warranty is expired.

Last edited:

Oliver.

Liquid Productions

(L) Alan's 70-200

Flashes? What flashes?
I have decided that I am a massive retard at flash photography, so i've given it up

Last edited: