The last movie you've last watched last

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rogue.

Big Crocs get a 8/10

The Ugly Truth

5/10 -- some funny bits.. still a chick flick.

G.I Joe

7/10 -- Pretty good, story wasn't that good, but some decent special effects here and there..

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Into The Wild.

Words cannot express how much I love this movie. I've watched it 20-30 odd times and it never gets old.

39625698271465942871659214/10.
yeah, good movie, but sad. i went and looked up the real story after i saw it and it turns out the guy was a bit of an idiot.. 300m up the river from where he tried to cross is a dedicated crossing point with a cable-car basket on a wire with a hand winch specifically designed for the job of crossing the river when flooded. a little bit of exploring would have saved his life..

i give it an 8/10.

the shawshank redemption, which is my favourite movie, gets 10/10 and goes on my favourites list. oooh, and i love silence of the lambs too.. that's another 10/10. anthony hopkins is fantastic :)

Last edited:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
G.I Joe

7/10 -- Pretty good, story wasn't that good, but some decent special effects here and there..
I think this was a 'had to be in a right mood' movie. I thought it was shocking. More like 4/10. It drew the crowds though. And the start was interesting. But since when does ice sink?

Joy

Likes Dirt
My Bloody Valentine in 3d. 6/10

Glasses didn't work which sucked. Movie wasn't great anyway. It was full of surprise scare moments rather than actual thrill. I swear, if the characters had never turned around they would have all survived. I know now if there's ever a killer on the loose I just need to walk forwards!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Saw "Whatever Works" on Sunday night - the new Woody Allen film starrting Larry David. David was great, and the movie was a good laugh. Totally bizarre, and some weird camera angles in parts but well worth the watch.
I wiatched 'Milk' last night. Excellent. Sean Penn is a genius.
Agreed, I thought Milk was a brilliant movie. I really think Sean Penn is great.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Aprés Vous?

It's a French film (I'm beginning to get very into them) essentially about a love triangle. A restaurant manager, Antoine, finds a man, Louis, about to kill himself in a Paris park, saves his life, then tries to help him get his life back on track. It turns out he's very cut up about an ex-girlfriend who left him. Antoine sets out trying to bring them back together, which inevitably sees him falling in love with the girl himself. It's not Hollywood, even though the story seems a little predictable at times, and the ending leaves loose ends and feels more authentic, though it's still satisfying for the audience. Aprés Vous? is marketed as a comedy, and has funny moments, though you're unlikely to end up rolling around the floor laughing. Watch it with a lady friend to earn points- a rom-com in a foreign language- what could be more cultured?

7/10

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Aprés Vous?
I love French films, and Aprés Vous was great. The dude who plays Antoine is in a number of other nice little french films. They all follow a similar formula, but I love the quaint, almost sarcastic humour of them.

Others worth checking out are: Paris, Paris Je t'aime, Two Days in Paris, Baby Love (Comme les Autres), Before Sunrise/Before Sunset.... the list goes on. French films rock.

Likes Dirt
I love French films, and Aprés Vous was great. The dude who plays Antoine is in a number of other nice little french films. They all follow a similar formula, but I love the quaint, almost sarcastic humour of them.

Others worth checking out are: Paris, Paris Je t'aime, Two Days in Paris, Baby Love (Comme les Autres), Before Sunrise/Before Sunset.... the list goes on. French films rock.
I don't know if you can get an english version, but Tais-toi is great! :)

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Yes, I saw Paris Je T'aime in the video shop, but I thought I'd get it when I wasn't with my little brother and his mate, who would have surely given me shit about it. I'd also like to pick up Joyeux Noel, about the Christmas ceasefire in the trenches between the Scottish, German and French forces in WWI.

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis (Welcome to the Sticks) is also a very funny movie, though I haven't quite seen the end yet.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Watched Final Destination in 3d on Thursday night.

Fucking rubbish. Some fancy special effects though.

3/10.

There are too many 10s and 9s floating around.

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Watched Final Destination in 3d on Thursday night.

Fucking rubbish. Some fancy special effects though.

3/10.

There are too many 10s and 9s floating around.
thank god! someone else who will rate things lower than a 5! i gave UP! a 4..

LJohn

Likes Dirt
thank god! someone else who will rate things lower than a 5! i gave UP! a 4..
I really liked Up. It stood out from the pool of shit we seem to be swimming in at work.

A good movie is a 6-7. A great movie might hit 8-9. I've never seen a 10. There can always be improvement.

Planning to watch Astroboy next. We get a lot in tomorrow. Including Balibo and Beautiful Kate. See how those go down with the artsy crowd.

Can't wait for Toy Story re-release in 3d.