The last movie you've last watched last

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I felt the same. Also makes Spectre better by actually providing more context and depth for some of the characters.

Skyfall is still my fave but.
I'm not a huge Bond fan for various reasons but that I thought was really rather good (product placement aside).

The Cuban scene was excellent, as were the motorbike stunts.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
No Time to Die. Nice to get out to the cinema for a flick. Felt like they laid it on a bit thick in many places.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No Time to Die. Nice to get out to the cinema for a flick. Felt like they laid it on a bit thick in many places.
1/2hr of Bond movie, 2 hours of dialogue, 20 minutes of Bond/Bourne action then a lame ending. Beautifully shot, great audio, etc… But yeah. Wasn’t great.

Last edited:

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I suspect Bond's meant to be a bit cheesy; fancy gadgets, Q hacking everything, impossibly good luck. It's a bit hard to tell if it's par for the course.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I don't watch much outside of kids films nowadays and I'm not about to review Rio or Rio 2. I'm also shit at writing reviews, so apologies in advance.
Recently I got to watch the following:

Dune (recent version, part one)

The score was on point for the atmosphere of the film. The Baron was downright frightening and gross. There were some excellent subtle moments like the little flecks of spice evident in the air on Arrakis (amongst other things that I won't mention because spoilers)

It's been about two decades since I read the book, so I can't comment on how true to the story it is. Doesn't matter though as it's entertaining and interesting in its own right.

I really enjoyed it and look forward to part 2.
(Whenever that will be released)

slowmick

38-39"
It felt like it had all of the right stuff - a opening scene in the snow, many nods to the older movies, come one lines that were almost Dad jokes and some rooting. It felt comfortable. Not great, but watchable. It was nice to see Wallace and Gromit on the TV.

I do have serious reservations about the safety induction process in the villain's lair though. Every one happily working away in their rubber suits in the product pools until a henchman fell in and died a horrible death. Suddenly they are all running for their lives. Did they think they were making bottled water for CCA?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So Dune...hmmm... It didn't really do it for me. I read a bunch of the books many, many years ago, and they didn't really do it for me then either. I guess I don't love the Dune universe.
I gotta admit, as much as its a garbage movie that butchered the book, I think I actaully prefer the 1984 version. I mean its crap, but I wasn't bored silly.
If there's is going to be part 1 and part 2...then personally I think they should have made it part 1,2 & 3, and made this one about 1 hour shorter.

Although what was really funny, there were no ads before starting, it was just "turn off your phone" and we were away... there were people still coming in 15 minutes later "oh its started already"...haha too bad.

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooooo as @mik_git discussed yeah ummm DUNE!!! - So I don't have a huge friend base so if anyone actually bothers to invite me to stuff I try to go so I can't whinge nobody ever invites me!! - So get a text at 6pm Hey Dune at 9:15 pm - Okay I will be there. Now I had heard its a bit meh but I have never read the book and never seen the original movie but I am aware this DUNE exists.
Did not hate the movie as a movie - thought it was a bit pretentious and tried to be arty or some shit - I often found myself internally dialoging 'WTF just get on with it" - But I kind of understand what the makers were going for.
Now what is not OK is the movie starting and it goes "PART 1" - I am like WTF? - Ok maybe its just one of those movies they cut into sections to explain the passing of time like little self contained stories - NOPE 3 fucking hrs later we have seen at best half possibly 33% of the movie - Its only 4 days ago they green lit part 2 to even be made and it does not come out until October 2023.
Now to give some scope - I refused to see Lord of the Rings until they had released the 3rd part - i then watched tthe first 2 and went to see the 3rd - I could have been in the next theatre watching Venom this whole time - Sigh!!!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sooooooo as @mik_git discussed yeah ummm DUNE!!! - So I don't have a huge friend base so if anyone actually bothers to invite me to stuff I try to go so I can't whinge nobody ever invites me!! - So get a text at 6pm Hey Dune at 9:15 pm - Okay I will be there. Now I had heard its a bit meh but I have never read the book and never seen the original movie but I am aware this DUNE exists.
Did not hate the movie as a movie - thought it was a bit pretentious and tried to be arty or some shit - I often found myself internally dialoging 'WTF just get on with it" - But I kind of understand what the makers were going for.
Now what is not OK is the movie starting and it goes "PART 1" - I am like WTF? - Ok maybe its just one of those movies they cut into sections to explain the passing of time like little self contained stories - NOPE 3 fucking hrs later we have seen at best half possibly 33% of the movie - Its only 4 days ago they green lit part 2 to even be made and it does not come out until October 2023.
Now to give some scope - I refused to see Lord of the Rings until they had released the 3rd part - i then watched tthe first 2 and went to see the 3rd - I could have been in the next theatre watching Venom this whole time - Sigh!!!
If venom is as bad as the last one, you dodged a bullet.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I read Dune again while we were camping. It didn't hold my attention like it did when I was at high school but still enjoyed it. I will keep reading the series and will watch the movie sometime. What I did realise is that Frank Herbert set some ground work for so much Sci fi to come in the way he set out worlds, the guilds and the baddies.

My biggest issue will be how they pronounce some of the words compared to what my 15 year old brain thought it should be.

Who plays the worms?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Usually it's die hard or bad Santa for me, but this year we sat and watched "Fatman"

A little slow at times, but getting a fresh take on a Christmas story isn't super easy these days I think so they get points for it anyway.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk