The last movie you've last watched last

discofrank

Likes Dirt
the new matrix revolting movie... just dont

kinda started ok, did like the idea of how neo is a game designer and the 3 previous movies where in his head etc and a few good lines about re booting and cancelling contracts got in

the actual action sequences and story where meh, morpheous is now a computer program, smith is back and ends up on neos side ? ( not to mention played by different characters poorly )

the highlight was how awesome neil patrick haris is neos shrink! freaking awesome

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Don't Look Up - good movie, inspired by climate change but about an earth-killing meteor. Addresses issues like populism, the undermining and politicisation of science, Covid-denial and conspiracy theories, news as entertainment, nepotism/Trumpism and the illegal onselling of crackers.

REally well made flick that covers important issues (close to my heart), but unlikely to be watched by those who need to see it most.

Minlak

custom titis
Don't Look Up - good movie, inspired by climate change but about an earth-killing meteor. Addresses issues like populism, the undermining and politicisation of science, Covid-denial and conspiracy theories, news as entertainment, nepotism/Trumpism and the illegal onselling of crackers.

REally well made flick that covers important issues (close to my heart), but unlikely to be watched by those who need to see it most.
Grabbed it yesterday for a look
It’s long and held my attention enough - would recommend- also make sure you check through the end credits for extra scenes

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I watched Don't look up yesterday, couldn't stand it, I thought it was so slow moving and far too long. A few funny bits, maybe if it was half an hour shorter. The bit after the credits was kind of funny

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Antlers. As far as horror goes, not really scary, but good if you like folkloric stuff. Creepy vibes and some graphic Gore was present though.

Minlak

custom titis
Netflix “Mockumentry” - Death to 2021 - it’s only an hour and even though poking fun so close to a documentary it’s scary - in fact they may have called it a mockumentry to avoid being sued :)

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Shooter. I've seen this one a few times. Picked up a bit more on the disbelief that needs to be suspended to make the story work this time. I still like it.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Not a movie but I'm loving the Macgruber TV series. My dad would have called the gags smutty and juvenile and I have to say I'd agree. That's why I love it.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Have you read any of the books?
The author was quite disappointed with the movie outcome
No, I haven't. Authors are seldom satisfied with film adaptations though. You can't keep the high-brow of their literature when you render it as a popcorn flick.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Netflix “Mockumentry” - Death to 2021 - it’s only an hour and even though poking fun so close to a documentary it’s scary - in fact they may have called it a mockumentry to avoid being sued :)
Lasted 15 minutes before I had to turn it off and feel sad for a bit.
Despite it still having Charlie Brooker at the helm it’s not a patch on the Screenwipe and End-Of-The-Year-Wipe shows of his that it was based on. Netflix may have upped the budget massively but they got rid of the heart and soul of it (and much of the severely caustic humour)

Do yourself a favour and track down the originals on YouTube.