The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
We need a multiplier system where MTB=1, then virtual, road, commuting and gravel slotting under with a multiplier of 0.9-0.4

Then the old Fatbike on soft sand which ranks above MTB on the hardness charts, zero elevation over a 50km beach, takes 6hrs.
What about riding with a toddler as ballast?
I've done very little MTB riding this year but heaps of riding as transportation with the kids. I've passed my km goal, so now I'd like to see how much further I can get in the next month. It's piddly numbers compared to many here, but it's more than I've been able to do for a few years.

Well I’ve heard on the grapevine the mods are actually going to change the name of the forum to Gravelburn soon so of course! I think though there’s some division wether it should be GravelBurn or Zwifburn. We’ll soon see.
Best of both worlds:
Zwifvelburn

Just you wait for the e-... sub forum! ;-)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another victim of crappy weather and associated motivation here. (Non zwifting household)
Only managed 177hrs of 250hrs goal. And 61000m elevation of 100000 goal.
But have got a couple of bigger rides in recently so feeling reasonably fit, ready for a good run at it next year.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Just managed to tick over my yearly distance goal. Missed my elevation goal by a big margin. I know it's mostly phoney, but it fitted in with my life, and kept me motivated.

I think for next year, I will shoot for 300 hours. Let everything else land where it may. For reference, I was under 280 hours this year.

Minlak

custom titis
Just managed to tick over my yearly distance goal. Missed my elevation goal by a big margin. I know it's mostly phoney, but it fitted in with my life, and kept me motivated.

I think for next year, I will shoot for 300 hours. Let everything else land where it may. For reference, I was under 280 hours this year.
Dude still today to go - head out and knock out an Everest :) be done by lunch

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Strava is based in American yeah? They won't tick over to 2023 for a while yet. Still heaps of time to tick the 300 hours of this year! Hook the magimix up for one last hurrah!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Good job Rocky !

Been on the decline every year since 2016. First time it's increased in 6 yrs.

Didnt hit the 100,000vm but I would also write some of that elevation off as shuttle road elevation, call it around 90,000vm.

Still over 2000km up on last year and zero commuting or road. There is a few Zwift k's in there but over 2/3's MTB/gravel.

Working for the last few days and got a short MTB ride in at night. Wont be doing one tonight so the below numbers are final.

strava22.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I haven't played this game before. I'm going to aim for 1000km in 2022. I think this is an achievable distance for me as I'll most likely have the youngest Canary along for most rides.
I'll have to log it old school with pen and paper as my GPS is an ancient V1 Bryton rider 50.
My small fry distance goal was reached and surpassed to finish with a total of 1388km.
Most of those KMs were riding with kids, so it was often a slow meandering pace. A few times I was able to ride solo or without kids which was nice to be able to push myself a little more.

2023 goal: 2000km.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Strava is based in American yeah? They won't tick over to 2023 for a while yet. Still heaps of time to tick the 300 hours of this year! Hook the magimix up for one last hurrah!
Luckily for me, it still timestamps it for your location. An American I zwift with told me to jump in on their meetup at 10am NYE (which is 4am NYD for me). He's doing 10,000 vm and about 400km.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You only need to up that 25km to 40km... every day in January, starting tomorrow :D
That was one 25km ride a month, I usually do 3 x 10kms tech trails a week. Already put the slicks on the full rigid :p , I'm definitely going to call defeat at the first instance of saddle sores.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I had a man-cold a few weeks back that put a spanner in the works for 6000, but came back and managed to get within pissing distance of it still. Then a couple of days ago, man-cold again

I had 23km to go, so hopped on the trainer. Throat was definitely not loving it, but I got the 6

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk