The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Woohoo! 56km and 805vm this week so far on the Canyon.

I'm riding tonight to support the fight against women's cancer (I'm wearing my pink Rapha socks!) and tomorrow is a ride with friends, then it's birthday celebrations on Saturday night :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Coming to the halfway point.

Total of both normal and eeb.

Distance 3400, 65,000vm, 220hrs.

Tracks alright with last years 6700km, was a rocky start to the year so may improve in the second half.

dsfhsdhsdfhsdf.jpg

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Not really IMO but thanks. I've been on the decline for 5yrs until last year where I made up a few thousand K's.

Coming down from a peak of around 12,000km a year in 2013 to 2015 where I rode road and commuted but these days its mostly MTB with some Zwift when a ride outside is not possible (or too hard).

Skills have definitely went up but I would like to do some more bikepacking gravel trips, which is very possible if I could make my time off more constructive. The older I get, the more time I seem to waste :confused:

ozzybmx

3/4 the way through the year.

Regular bike - 3583km, 65,205vm, 223hrs.
ebike - 2030km, 42,353vm, 142hrs

Looking good for the year.

5613 total and about 10 rides hidden that total 400-500km. So over 6000km so far.

Got a 500km Gravel trip planned in about 2 weeks. Should be 8000+ for the year.

jkjhfhgjhghfhghjg.jpg

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
3/4 the way through the year.

Regular bike - 3583km, 65,205vm, 223hrs.
ebike - 2030km, 42,353vm, 142hrs

Looking good for the year.

5613 total and about 10 rides hidden that total 400-500km. So over 6000km so far.

Got a 500km Gravel trip planned in about 2 weeks. Should be 8000+ for the year.

View attachment 402587
Your longest ride was 592km! :oops:

I'm going pretty well this year because I've been commuting to work.
1695943955927.png
1695943976971.png

ozzybmx

Ah ok, I was going to say. So, that's a 5 day race?
4 days... Last day is a glory cruise into Birdsville.

Running right now, today is the last day. 12 started on Monday, by the afternoon stage 7 out of 12 had been swept.

Also found out that Strava puts ebike and normal bike in different tabs but adds them together as one total. Was thinking I hadn't done that much on a regular bike so my above total is wrong.

Went back and checked, it's around 4000km total for the year do 6000km+ is realistic.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
4 days... Last day is a glory cruise into Birdsville.

Running right now, today is the last day. 12 started on Monday, by the afternoon stage 7 out of 12 had been swept.
Looks like a challenging race! :oops:

Also found out that Strava puts ebike and normal bike in different tabs but adds them together as one total. Was thinking I hadn't done that much on a regular bike so my above total is wrong.
I also thought that my normal bike distance was way over what it should have been. That explains it then.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After doing 4000kms the last 3 years I decided to go for 5 this year. As per usual there’s a heap of local ST in there, but when you can ride in/ ride out whenever you can pinch a couple of hours, I’ll take it. I have managed to get out to You Yangs, Buxton, Lysty in the last couple of weeks though as the goal looks like it’s on.

IMG_2253.jpeg

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slow start to the year due to injury. But now in a pretty good spot fitness wise even after some up and down months.
For the months I have been riding I'm averaging pretty close to 20hrs a month which would have been the same as my 250hr goal for a full years riding.

Screenshot_20230929_131426_Strava.jpg

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
[QUOTE="ozzybmx, post: 3549503, member: 29442" Skills have definitely went up but I would like to do some more bikepacking gravel trips, which is very possible if I could make my time off more constructive. The older I get, the more time I seem to waste :confused:[/QUOTE]

We would like to subscribe to your newsletter about bike packing gravel tips.... Sounds like something we might enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Not really IMO but thanks. I've been on the decline for 5yrs until last year where I made up a few thousand K's.

Coming down from a peak of around 12,000km a year in 2013 to 2015 where I rode road and commuted but these days its mostly MTB with some Zwift when a ride outside is not possible (or too hard).

Skills have definitely went up but I would like to do some more bikepacking gravel trips, which is very possible if I could make my time off more constructive. The older I get, the more time I seem to waste :confused:
We would like to subscribe to your newsletter about bike packing gravel trips.... that sounds like something we may be interested in.....

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk