The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm going to be back on the bike full time again this year (until the next fucking thing goes wrong). I want to aim for 2000km, but am wary of using a tracking app. Are there any free ones out there that people would recommend, that I can read up on? Strava can go fuck itself.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I'm going to be back on the bike full time again this year (until the next fucking thing goes wrong). I want to aim for 2000km, but am wary of using a tracking app. Are there any free ones out there that people would recommend, that I can read up on? Strava can go fuck itself.
I use Komoot. Not sure how wary you should be of it though.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
1000010868.png

I'm hoping to get out for one last ride for 2023 tomorrow. It won't add much, so I might as well put this here.
My goal was 2000km for the year. Most of that was once again riding with the kids.

For 2024 I'm not going to aim for an overall distance. My goal is to go for at least one MTB ride a week (no minimum distance). Anything else is a bonus.

danncam

Likes Dirt
View attachment 405772

I'm hoping to get out for one last ride for 2023 tomorrow. It won't add much, so I might as well put this here.
My goal was 2000km for the year. Most of that was once again riding with the kids.

For 2024 I'm not going to aim for an overall distance. My goal is to go for at least one MTB ride a week (no minimum distance). Anything else is a bonus.
The one fun ride a week is the gravy on the roast that is life.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What device are you recording with?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Still a free version just very limited features.

View attachment 405783
They list it like you get nothing on the free version.

It still tallies all kilometers on each bike, total distance for the year, you can see all previous years, total distance and elevation since you opened the account. Top 10 in leaderboards, history of every ride ever recorded, pictures attached to each ride, comments etc...

I was premium for 5-6 years, dropped it 2019ish. The free version does everything I need.

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Nice job @Spanky_Ham, been a few years since I hit 12000km for the year and it was only the once.

Good luck on the festy, its a difficult target to hit and potentially at the worst for family commitments and hottest time of the year.

You need to break its back early or the kilometers compound and leave you a faaked up distance to hit in the last few days.

2014 Festy left me a massive job with my rear light going out at midnight with 110km done, forcing me to have a 4 hour sleep.
[Meat sack} Oi, Oi, Pig.... wanna do the Rapha 500
[Pig] ahhh, no... wait, wait... let me think about it..... FOOK NO!
[Meat Sack] We'll crush it when Wifu is watching her korean drama.. early morning, late at night.... and I'll let you have total control on NYE!
[Pig] How many kms?
[Meat Sack] 500kms in 8 days..
[Pig] phhhhhhhht....... 500kms in 8 Days, piss eeeeeeezy.... Yeah, let's do it!!!
[Meat Sack] We don't have access to a bicycle for the first three days...
[Pig] You are a real piece of crap......

{ a few days later ]

[Meat Sack] Woooo, we did it!!!
[Pig] Hand over the controls !!!!
[Meat Sack] Please leave a good looking corpse..
[Pig] {snorts in derision.}

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Happy to get out riding or running for 201 days of the year. Plenty of ebiking elevation in there and the missing 150 odd days are littered with lots of good gym sessions.

2024 is getting kicked off with some chairlift assisted riding so I’ll be sure to count that elevation for next year :cool:

IMG_4715.jpeg

They list it like you get nothing on the free version.

It still tallies all kilometers on each bike, total distance for the year, you can see all previous years, total distance and elevation since you opened the account. Top 10 in leaderboards, history of every ride ever recorder, pictures attached to each ride, comments etc...

I was premium for 5-6 years, dropped it 2019ish. The free version does everything I need.
I only have potato Strava, it’s enough for me

4018 kms, 38,000m climbing, 182 hrs

enjoy that bag of dicks cancer

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some huge hours there fellers, well done.

Up and down year for me.
First ride not until April 8th after my ankle recovered. Then smashed the bikes pretty hard including my first intro to Zwift in winter. Got to probably the strongest I've been since 2017, which then assisted with my best ever MTB race result with a 2nd. Then immediately got covid for the first time lol and buggered my back which resulted in only riding a couple of times since November!
But end result I'm pretty happy with and I seem to be heading towards a better start to 2024 :)

Screenshot_20231231_165138_Strava.jpg