The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
FFS literally the only Liberal MP who increased her margin last election in a very competitive seat. Principled, pragmatic, popular, intelligent and seems to be the only current Liberal MP with a conscience, so of course they're trying to get rid of her:

Enjoy the next decade in opposition you fucken morons.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
FFS literally the only Liberal MP who increased her margin last election in a very competitive seat. Principled, pragmatic, popular, intelligent and seems to be the only current Liberal MP with a conscience, so of course they're trying to get rid of her:

Lol, you wonder if they'll ever figure it out - but...

Enjoy the next decade in opposition you fucken morons.
...don't count your chickens before they hatch. This is Australia after all.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Lol, you wonder if they'll ever figure it out - but...
...don't count your chickens before they hatch. This is Australia after all.
I'm actually pretty confident on this - ultra conservative ideologues simply do not resonate with enough Australians to form a majority Government. If the Liberals continue to dribble down that path they're chasing a disappearing wedge. The demographics of voters show the majority of Coalition supporters aren't even boomers, they're the inter-war generation. Not a long term pony to bet on.

Unless the economy really tanks to the point that some conservative populist can gain traction with a desperate electorate the ALP have three terms in them I reckon.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'm actually pretty confident on this - ultra conservative ideologues simply do resonate with enough Australians to form a majority Government. If the Liberals continue to dribble down that path they're chasing a disappearing wedge. The demographics of voters show the majority of Coalition supporters aren't even boomers, they're the inter-war generation. Not a long term pony to bet on.

Unless the economy really tanks to the point that some conservative populist can gain traction with a desperate electorate the ALP have three terms in them I reckon.
Missing a not???