Snakes

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Healthy specimens!

Youies Track 5 over past the quarry?
You Yangs somewhere, I have no idea the numbers for the tracks out there though....

They both seemed like pretty chill snakes, certainly no aggression and quietly moved away in opposite directions. It wasn't until I got back to the car that I really thought about the fact I was standing between two horny brown snakes :confused:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

jrewing

Eats Squid
Man I’ve been up close to 3 tigers in 24 hrs. Warmed up in tassie and out in force. 1st one was not happy and tensed up and looking at me while I was bent down clearing some sticks right in front of him. Big one too. Others just on track and I went by them.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if I have told this story.

A guy I knew years ago lived in a semi-rural area. A neighbour of his turned up at his front door with a snake in hand and wanted to know if said guy could identify it for him. Well it was a baby Eastern Brown and when advised as such he dropped the snake and it took off into the lounge room and hid behind the lounge. It took hours to get the snake out of the house as it had to be coaxed along. Apparently it was pretty pissed after a while as well. Said guy was not happy.

So far this season I have had 2 snake encounters. One Red Belly and one Brown.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I saw 3 browns while I was fencing yesterday. 2 raced straight off, but one big bugger just kept cruising along in the same direction as me. No amount of stomping could alter his chosen path. Our side is nicely mowed, but, of course the wire is on this clowns side.

That's chest high.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was putting an isolation on a steam valve about 10yrs ago and felt this tap, tap, tap at my boot. This little fekkin banded brownie was going nutts trying to get at me. Those little fuckers are very dangerous... the only saving grace with a brownie is their venomising teeth are tiny, about ~3mm in adults and a lot smaller in juveniles. Though bare skin is easily broken, a pair of loose work pants and boots and you'll be pretty safe... considering they dry bite more than a venomous strike.

I've seen my fair share of snakes over the years, been swiped at by a RBB, ran over RBB's and Brownies but they always seem to be avoiding me as much as I am avoiding them. Was at Mt Zero in the Grampians and a massive Brownie slithered from under a rock and between my feet that were only about 200mm apart as I was taking a picture.

Tassie is the place in Australia that I see more snakes than anywhere on the mainland, Tigers by the bucket load, White Lipped and Copperhead occasionally, reckon we had a count of 22 in 2019.

At the end of the day, its Australia, they are everywhere. A bit more docile in Winter but its mating season and they are out in force right now.

Be careful in long grass and look before stopping and slamming a foot down on the side of the trail.