Snakes

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not sure what you mean mate.
Rode Black hill with @moorey for a couple of runs before he headed off to Harcourt and also met one of our top shelf RB contributers @Labcanary there. Somehow I expected her to be yellow with an orange beak.

Said mate managed to patch his wheel back up to keep riding the rest of the day but it is well and truly rooted. Just another to add to his collection of busted rims.

Best part of all that though was getting a message from Moorebags shortly after he left on his way to Harcourt offering to lone him one of his spare bikes if we hadn’t managed to get him up and running again.
Guy on the snake video appeared to bust a rim.

I dunno - the internet is a confusing place.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Like this one I came across on the fire road from the carpark up to Boulder. There's some big browns at the Youies.
Yep I stepped up onto a rock watching the VIC DH round race on Bandages and as I stepped up I noticed there was a big brown wrapped all the way around it. I may have squealed a little and started searching for sky hooks.
It quietly and quickly disappeared once it realised there was a big human standing on it.
Farrrrrrrrrrrrk. Saw one that size at the top of Rockwell one day, but it was just toasting in the sun and just slunk off into the shrubbery when I got near. Damn though - those dudes were lucky.
I think that one was such a regular there it actually had a name. Something like Steve I think.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yep I stepped up onto a rock watching the VIC DH round race on Bandages and as I stepped up I noticed there was a big brown wrapped all the way around it. I may have squealed a little and started searching for sky hooks.
It quietly and quickly disappeared once it realised there was a big st

I think that one was such a regular there it actually had a name. Something like Steve I think.
not Bruce? I knew of a Bruce (the Brown snake??) at the Youies.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Today, the pig was so excited to pick up his new frame (warranty as the last one started to crack under the meat socks enormous fat arse). Huge kudos to Giant and Panther Cycles..... on the way home, the pig saw a snake flop off a ~2 meter wall into a walkway/cycleway that is a converted water viaduct. At this point, it's about 2.5 meters wide and has smooth concrete walls taller than the pig.... say 2 meters.

The snake was pissed, people were running / cycling past it... and it was scared, so it coiled up and was false striking..... The pig understood the sneks fear of humans and tried to help it... The pig got the meat sack to call the council (no help) and then a wildlife rescue call center put them in touch with a snek handler..... the snek handler was 45 minutes away.

Over 30 minutes, the pig tried to shepherd hoomans away, often getting a "WTF are you doing, you fat shite" from people running by until they saw the snake as it tried to strike out at them...... Pig wanted to hold the snek at face height to help it.....

anyway, snek was liking the new frame and used it a few times to try and get home.... finally, after an hour or so, and a storm or two later snek used the pigs sled to slither off....

video of snek using fat chodes bike to slither away.

Be nice to sneks.....

s

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Today, the pig was so excited to pick up his new frame (warranty as the last one started to crack under the meat socks enormous fat arse). Huge kudos to Giant and Panther Cycles..... on the way home, the pig saw a snake flop off a ~2 meter wall into a walkway/cycleway that is a converted water viaduct. At this point, it's about 2.5 meters wide and has smooth concrete walls taller than the pig.... say 2 meters.

<<snippety>>

video of snek using fat chodes bike to slither away.

Be nice to sneks.....
s
Nice work the rotund hamly one and friend to the slithery ones.

I know this viaduct well and will keep my eyes opened for you next time I am messing around out there on old and unfashionable bikes. Will also keep my eyes opened for snakes there as I haven't seen one there before but the 'Beware of Snakes' signs are proudly displayed there. That is decent size snake hanging around there.