Shorts - The struggle is real

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ok, any new 'good' shorts out there.

I'm always looking but usually think they are too long, too baggy or dont have enough pockets ?

If I could get unbranded SENDY, I would be happy, probably the best shorts of the last 5-7yrs.

Thinking about these FYXO Ardent MTB shorts, length looks like it will be good, wont be wearing them as tight as old gravel matey :rolleyes:

Ground Effect Super tankers are good. There's a bit of stretch in the fabric, and you can wear them off the bike.
belt loops, 2 front pockets and a rear zip pocket. Dark Grey. The cut has been slimmed down a bit, and the fabric is tougher.

Fox defend are fairly burly and stretchy. Ratchet closure. no front zip, zip side pockets.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Go local - https://www.rubbersidedown.com.au/collections/his-shorts shame about the giant logo otherwise would be keen to try.

@ForkinGreat do the Ground Effect still make noise when pedaling. I tried a pair a long time ago and the constant ssshh shhh when pedaling was annoying.

My current Troy Lee Skyline are great but are going that weird brown grey from age. New model I have read aren’t as durable. I will get laughed at but the Rapha trail shorts look good except the price and that stigma with the name. :p

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The Dharco long pants are sensational... The shorts are shit.
I took mine down to my local alteration lady and she lopped 7cm off each leg. To long, to tight, bell bottoms, bad ventilation and only 1 pocket.
Only 1 pocket is why I've never bought some. I got some Rubber Side down shorts the other day. So far so good.

Hools

Likes Dirt
I’ve gotten about five years out of a pair of POC trail shorts. Very well made and comfortable. They’re usually on sale somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looked at RSD, got a couple of their Jerseys. The shorts look really baggy and long, I don't do the NBA look ;)

ForkinGreat

Is there a sizing chart for the POC shorts? couldn't see one on the POC shorts product pages
had to go to the POC site.

I’ve gotten about five years out of a pair of POC trail shorts. Very well made and comfortable. They’re usually on sale somewhere.
Do you reckon they were true to size, or ran a bit big or small?

Hools

Likes Dirt
Is there a sizing chart for the POC shorts? couldn't see one on the POC shorts product pages
had to go to the POC site.

Do you reckon they were true to size, or ran a bit big or small?
True to size I think but also easily adjustable. One thing to be aware of though is some have thigh pockets, which I don’t find very useful.

ForkinGreat

Go local - https://www.rubbersidedown.com.au/collections/his-shorts shame about the giant logo otherwise would be keen to try.

@ForkinGreat do the Ground Effect still make noise when pedaling. I tried a pair a long time ago and the constant ssshh shhh when pedaling was annoying.

My current Troy Lee Skyline are great but are going that weird brown grey from age. New model I have read aren’t as durable. I will get laughed at but the Rapha trail shorts look good except the price and that stigma with the name. :p
The ground effect super tankers used to have a lighter smooth stretch nylon fabric, but when I bought a new pair a few years back, they were that rough looking cordura-ish fabric.
IMO, the main stigma in Rapha is the price. The Rapha name kind of says 'ultra judgemental roadie' but I could deal with that if they were on sale. I wouldn't deal well with the word 'Sendy' in large letters on a jersey or shorts. that's a hard No right there, no matter how good they might be.
it may as well read "Wanky".

ForkinGreat

True to size I think but also easily adjustable. One thing to be aware of though is some have thigh pockets, which I don’t find very useful.
true. could be a good spot for ID/emergency medical info laminated card or some such.
I usually have ID/medical info & $20 for drink/snack in a little plastic pocket thing in my shorts or in an outer pocket of my hydration pack.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Asked Mr Sendy if the decals wear off on his current shorts, he said no and that mine must have had a bad heat press... and is sending/selling me a new pair at 50% off. I can put up with the naff label for $40 on what are the best shorts I have bought in a long time, might even try @dancaseyimages steaming process.

Also ordered a pair of FYXO in XL :oops: as they are very small/tight fitting and the sizing chart puts them between a M and L in other brands. Good returns if they don't fit.

ForkinGreat

Asked Mr Sendy if the decals wear off on his current shorts, he said no and that mine must have had a bad heat press... and is sending/selling me a new pair at 50% off. I can put up with the naff label for $40 on what are the best shorts I have bought in a long time, might even try @dancaseyimages steaming process.

Also ordered a pair of FYXO in XL :oops: as they are very small/tight fitting and the sizing chart puts them between a M and L in other brands. Good returns if they don't fit.
Bonus Shorts. Can't argue with that.

Also... Whack one of these on and it becomes 'secret sendy'

I'm sure someone has a better price than the above.