Shorts - The struggle is real

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
I've been happy with the el cheapo Aldi ones, but the liners have died... Anyone know what's a decent cheap padded liner....?
Note sure about cheep, but @ $80ish Specialized bike shorts seem to last pretty good and are comfy. In a lot of shorts I seem to be able to get a tulle finish in the nether regions giving a spectacular view of yesterdays breakfast for anyone behind me in a relatively short amount of time, but for some reason these seem to last a little longer

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Note sure about cheep, but @ $80ish Specialized bike shorts seem to last pretty good and are comfy. In a lot of shorts I seem to be able to get a tulle finish in the nether regions giving a spectacular view of yesterdays breakfast for anyone behind me in a relatively short amount of time, but for some reason these seem to last a little longer
I’m ok for those sort of shorts, after a liner that goes under the baggy MTB shorts. Maybe I’ll wait for the wiggle fire sales…

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ok, hit the nail on the head here. They had a good return process but perfection :cool:

I hate shorts that are too long, too baggy, too hot and not enough pockets.

Grabbed the FYXO shorts in XL as I knew they were tight.
Waist is perfect, length is perfect, baggyness is perfect.
Got a pair in tan/khaki colour, will be placing an order later for blue and black.

Stretchy, nice logo placement, 2 big pockets that fit a massive phone and whatever you need in the other pocket. The pockets sit mid height and not loose so shit doesn't flap around. Light weight but no breathable mesh, a lot better than Dharco that also has no mesh panels but zero breathability.

Pretty happy with the result. Might give them a poke for a discount code before buying 2 more pairs ;)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ok, hit the nail on the head here. They had a good return process but perfection :cool:

I hate shorts that are too long, too baggy, too hot and not enough pockets.

Grabbed the FYXO shorts in XL as I knew they were tight.
Waist is perfect, length is perfect, baggyness is perfect.
Got a pair in tan/khaki colour, will be placing an order later for blue and black.

Stretchy, nice logo placement, 2 big pockets that fit a massive phone and whatever you need in the other pocket. The pockets sit mid height and not loose so shit doesn't flap around. Light weight but no breathable mesh, a lot better than Dharco that also has no mesh panels but zero breathability.

Pretty happy with the result. Might give them a poke for a discount code before buying 2 more pairs ;)
Errr what:

For Premium Gravel™ + general life adventures

So not suited for non premium gravel. :p

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I really thought I'd prefer my Endura Humvee II shorts but I'm really really liking my Nukeproof Blackline shorts even more. I have to ride with a liner and these are better shaped than the Endura ones IMO.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I really thought I'd prefer my Endura Humvee II shorts but I'm really really liking my Nukeproof Blackline shorts even more. I have to ride with a liner and these are better shaped than the Endura ones IMO.
I have 2 pairs of HummVees, a bit baggy and they slip down at the back when riding. I'm a bit of a shorts snob, got loads of pairs of different brands that have been worn once or twice. It takes a really special pair to get me excited.

The Sendy shorts were great, just the branding :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I have 2 pairs of HummVees, a bit baggy and they slip down at the back when riding. I'm a bit of a shorts snob, got loads of pairs of different brands that have been worn once or twice. It takes a really special pair to get me excited.

The Sendy shorts were great, just the branding :rolleyes:
Despite only one thing made by Rapha and that being a pair of pink socks, I'd love to try out their MTB shorts range as well as knee pads and waist pack.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a surprisingly awesome and epic shorts thread! Same as most of you, I've found shorts really hard to mesh with - my favourite ever were an old pair of Oakley's but they died from over use. Always found TLD terrible so never going there again. I haven't tried much of the newer stuff as I've only been riding IXS gear (dedicated riding gear that is) and I like them. I can't believe I'm saying it but the rapha stuff looks good, I'd be keen to give them a go. For cruising around and hitting the humps I've gone back to cheap polyster or cotton drawstring shorts, they are awesome and cheap as (usually around $40), but tear the second they hit the dirt...AS Colour is a good place to get them

cammas

Seamstress
Any good? Compared to the likes of basic Fox Ranger? :)
First time I bought some they were Nettie’s and the last lot were some home brand but still good quality, still using some of them now. Will be down there tomorrow morning and grabbing some more now I’m commuting a few extra pairs will not go astray also for $25 why not.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Any good? Compared to the likes of basic Fox Ranger? :)
What they said. Honestly I’ve never bothered to find out if the more expensive ones are better!

Aldi older ones were a bit better than the last ones I got a couple of years ago, but they’re still comfy. The liners died on the old ones but the shorts themselves are still fine.

Sadly there is no Aldi in Tasmania, otherwise I’d be there first thing in the mornjg for another pair or two!!