Shorts - The struggle is real

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Since seeing the showcase of very fine looking shorts here.

I thought it was time to go ghetto and roll out my much beaten Aldi shorts that I haven't been able to kill just yet.
View attachment 389440
Ive just about worn out one pair of Aldi shorts, the other one is still good. Got another new unopened pair awaiting their turn :)

I quite like them, hard to justify spending more on shorts.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ive just about worn out one pair of Aldi shorts, the other one is still good. Got another new unopened pair awaiting their turn :)

I quite like them, hard to justify spending more on shorts.
The Aldi shorts over the past 3 years have been pretty good. I just swap out the lining when the original lining dies. I have another pair ready to go too. Mine are starting to get thin but no complaints for the price, comfort and the amount of time that I've used them.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The Aldi shorts over the past 3 years have been pretty good. I just swap out the lining when the original lining dies. I have another pair ready to go too. Mine are starting to get thin but no complaints for the price, comfort and the amount of time that I've used them.
Oh, where do you get replacement liners?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My regular riding shorts are King Gee workwear shorts. They look daggy as, but work brilliantly. I've slid down the road on them several times and even tyre buzzed my arse a couple of times to the point it left a Aggressor patterned scuff-mark up the arse of one pair. But the two pairs I cycle through (Pun alert!) have held up fine for about 4 years now. Wouldn't be great choice in the rain though being a cotton-based fabric.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My regular riding shorts are King Gee workwear shorts. They look daggy as, but work brilliantly. I've slid down the road on them several times and even tyre buzzed my arse a couple of times to the point it left a Aggressor patterned scuff-mark up the arse of one pair. But the two pairs I cycle through (Pun alert!) have held up fine for about 4 years now. Wouldn't be great choice in the rain though being a cotton-based fabric.
You are indeed a a tough, industrial strength kid of guy beeb. Lycra and plush fitting liners be damned. Those King Gee shorts do last forever.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I've got two pairs of Dakine Dropout shorts. Best pair of MTB shorts I've ever owned.
They aren't a below the knee short but I like the button style closure (they don't pop open when you bend over to pick something up lol) and nice deep pockets and super comfy. I wear them everywhere.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I picked up a 4 pair of these Pearl Izumi's from Bikebug. Normally I'm a 36 waist, but they ran a little tight. Got a couple of 38's in the grey when they were on special.
Pearl Izumi's shorts always have been a safe bet. They always feel great to me. I have invested in their liners.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Pub security footage of @beeb post ride looking for love and a gentle massage.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up a 4 pair of these Pearl Izumi's from Bikebug. Normally I'm a 36 waist, but they ran a little tight. Got a couple of 38's in the grey when they were on special.
That's a very good deal with free postage. I've always found Pearl Izumi to be some of the highest quality gear, been using their liners for a while now & had been wanting to try shorts for a while. Thanks for the link

nathanm

Eats Squid
Interesting, where is your manufacturing done?
China, Same as almost everyone else.
Unfortunately everyone wants to buy Australian made but won't pay the price for Australian made.

We offer a money back guarantee, not happy with anything, send them back for a full refund