Right Foot or Left Foot Foward?

Which is your prefered foot to have forward?

• Right

Votes: 223 50.3%
  • Left

Votes: 220 49.7%

• Total voters

solo

Likes Dirt
i'm right handed and ride with my left foot forward which (i'm not sure if anyone mentioned it) means i am more comfortable going up or down right switchbacks than left.
never thought about this till a riding mate asked me and now if i try other foot forward it just feels weird and i try harder on left switchies

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Left foot forward on bikes, skateboards, play cricket left handed, and kick a footy left foot. But I write right handed

fatass

Banned
Maybe it's something to do with when you did your first coast....? Like one of my friends rides right foot down, left foot up (yeah, hilarious. He gets no-where). Someone should test this theory..

mongoosedh

Banned
Just to verify it. Its not a gravedig when someone posts something that actually relates to the original topic. ;)

I ride with my right foot foward because its my strong foot and it feels safer than when it is back.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Writing: Right hand.
Cricket: Left Handed.
Golf: Left Handed.
Tennis: Right Hand.
Footy: Left footed.
Bike: Right foot forward.
Fixie Skid: Left foot forward.

You work it out?

I know its a dig, but the poll surprised me. I thought there would be a 'normal' or dominant side that everyone tends to go to for riding, like skating or surfing.

J

JaRedy

I'm right handered and ride left foot forward,, but I whip to the left and x-up to the left (is the something wrong with me) Ialways hit my foot with the wheel...but if I ride right foot forward I feel like I'm learning to ride again...

Viv92

Eats Squid
Just to verify it. Its not a gravedig when someone posts something that actually relates to the original topic. ;)

I ride with my right foot foward because its my strong foot and it feels safer than when it is back.
You think this really adds something to the original topic?
left foot forward is winning 147/141 yay:D
Bit of a grave dig.

On topic-ish, do you reckon having your front foot on either side helps for hopping sideways in a certain direction? I can only hop properly up to the right, which is a pitty because you have to keep left on Aussie streets and hoping off gutters isn't nearly as useful as hoping up them.

I try not to think about which foot i have forward when i ride because it distracts me really bad, but in all the pics of me riding my left foot is forward. Im also a lefty, do we need to factor that in aswell?

jez_dh

Squid
i had this discussion some months back in whistler. all my mates there biking were pretty much the same ones i snowboarded with in winter. We came to a conclusion that you are either goofy or natural for everything. snowboard right foot forward and you bike right foot forward.

Whipping told all in the end for us. those who rode right foot forward couldnt whip to the left at all or it was crap. and same for the left footers, they always whipped left. There was one guy who could whip both ways and he was a skier!

BOOTH2

Likes Bikes
Right foot foreward for me (I think). Whip to the left. Rotate to the right (clockwise). X-up, i spin the bars clockwise so when the 'X' thing is happening my left hand is in front. Bar spin clockwise.

I'm also a lefty when it comes to writing but a rightey when it comes to cricket, baseball etc. I play tennis left handed also. And my belly button sticks out.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Is anyone both?
What sort of weird cranks you running:eek:

Seriously; I generally left foot forward and much more comfortable that way but try to go right forward every now and then just to get use to it

noske

Likes Dirt
What sort of weird cranks you running:eek:

Seriously; I generally left foot forward and much more comfortable that way but try to go right forward every now and then just to get use to it
Nah I dont run both, I'm a lefty but I was just wondering