Right Foot or Left Foot Foward?

Which is your prefered foot to have forward?

• Right

Votes: 223 50.3%
  • Left

Votes: 220 49.7%

• Total voters

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
ambidextrous and either foot forward, used to only be left, but i switch a lot now depending on track condition/how i feel etc.

CAB

Likes Dirt
ambidextrous and either foot forward, used to only be left, but i switch a lot now depending on track condition/how i feel etc.
OMG your so lucky.................haha

Left foot foreward right handed right footed

NiK TyLeR

Likes Dirt
haha i got it its because your right foot and right hand is weaker and is for your "fine motor skills" haha wats with that

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
My theory on which foot forward relates to leg strength. The stronger being the front foot so acceleration is faster. I'm interested to see whether this is the same for you guys as well.
Acceleration from a standing start is not quicker with your preferred or 'stronger' foot/leg forward, if you start with the opposite foot forward you get half a crakd rotation from that leg, then a full rotation from the 'stronger' leg equalling faster acceleration.

gr33ky

Likes Dirt
Both Handed (yes that is the scientific term... no its not the same as ambidexterous (sp?)) Meaning i do different things with different hands : Throw with right, write with left, strongest arm right, play pool with left.
Kick right
LEFT FOOT FORWARD

STP112

Likes Dirt
im naturally right foot forward but i can now ride both just as comfortable as the other, i can whip both ways with either foot forward and can flattie both ways, good skill to have to change up ur style!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok I do alot of sking and wake boarding. When we teach a beginer to work out which for goes to the front we stand them on the beach and when there not ready for it give them a little push. Usually if there right handed their right foot will move back to stop them falling over.

I am right handed and use my left foot foward riding, snow baording, wakeboarding and water skiing.

dirtdigler2

Likes Bikes
lefty

I am right handed , surf as goofy foot skate and box with my right foot forward but hold a rifle with my left finger on the triger but just don't feel comfortable with my right foot forward on my bike , I have been pondering this for a long time and glad some one has created a forum on this subject, and I still do not understand it .

scratchy

Farkin Activist
The correct title for this thread is

"Which foot is your Chocolate foot?"

I remember seeing some trials video (Dirty Tricks and Cunnings Stunts) with Hans Ray in it, and he talk about "Zee Chwacolate fit".

Great video for an old school laugh.

PS. The Left will rise!

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Right Handed. Skate and Snowboard Regular (left foot forward), Ride with right foot forward. I don;t think there's much of a pattern. What you start doing you stick with.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Right handed, right foot forward when using a skateboard (hardly ever) and right foot forward when riding.
I think what chalkie said is correct. ^^

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Right..

I'm right handed, right footed, right everything

except,

I'm goofy for skate, snow, wake and surf, (right foot forward)

and also I put my right forward when I ride, I think it's got to do with whether you are natural or goofy, most right handers are natural skate, snow, wake, surf and therefore put left forward for riding also?:confused:

Well thats what I think:) ;)

darth rider

Likes Bikes
How about a secondary to the poll;
"Do you consider yourself an artist or a scientist" or "are you better at Maths or English"
This might help clearup the left / right brain thing.

Oh hang on, I think I'm equally bad at both. Bugger. :rolleyes:

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
You mean one of them has to go forward? Fark, no wonder i can barely pedal, and the guy at the LBS keeps laughing when I take my bike in.

Right handed, Kick with right foot, ride with left foot forward except for when lm starting a dh run becasue l am alot stronger with my right leg and l get going quicker

Ben Oz

Likes Dirt
Left foot - but I can go right if the situation arises...
Right handed .
Kick with the right.
But on certain times of the month the mrs is always right.