Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

indica

Serial flasher
Look good, got a link?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've gone with HGT, probably should have just gone Holinger but there are a few features I like.
I had an albins many years ago in another car, not sequential though

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I've gone with HGT, probably should have just gone Holinger but there are a few features I like.
I had an albins many years ago in another car, not sequential though
Keep us posted with how the HGT goes. I respect their 'keep it simple' approach, Samsonas are similar. Wait time not too bad to get it?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep us posted with how the HGT goes. I respect their 'keep it simple' approach, Samsonas are similar. Wait time not too bad to get it?
I know a few guys that have them and at this point (touch wood) they don't have any issues with them.
The lead time was supposed to be 4 weeks but I'm up to 10 weeks now, I'm not that stressed though because I've got to finish off the wiring for the M150-GPR-Pro with all the additional sensors and will have to pull the engine. It's dry sump and I'm putting it off because of the sheer volume of oil, I should just HTFU but I can always find other things to do which don't involve 15L of oil.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's a tarmac rally car so it's pretty tame because the turbo needs to be relatively responsive, should be 400kw ish at the wheels this time around.
Have you done a lot of driving training and track days with it? What tyres are you running?

I'm just starting down the rabbit hole with my R35. Getting some cooling upgrades done before I start some driver training and track days.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I'm just starting down the rabbit hole with my R35. Getting some cooling upgrades done before I start some driver training and track days.
A word of warning on the GR6 trans, don't let just anyone 'tune' it, messing with line pressures and timings to try to speed up the DCT can lead to bent forks and/or broken gears if the tuner doesn't know what they are doing. Better to upgrade the clutch packs if you need more torque capacity. For modest power increases there's a whole bunch of companies doing aftermarket gear kits if you need it. We have two, a normal kit, and then we have the gear set for those guys that have mutagen enhanced killer wasps on roids.

These couple of snips from the interwebs show what goes on inside the GR6 pretty well:
1684189915999.png

1684189896932.png

doihoi

Likes Dirt
It's a tarmac rally car so it's pretty tame because the turbo needs to be relatively responsive, should be 400kw ish at the wheels this time around.
400awkw should whip you into the seat!
I have a gunmetal grey one, currently getting it up and running and ready for rego. It came with a blown motor and box

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Have you done a lot of driving training and track days with it? What tyres are you running?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Oooft 35

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bloke I sold the Megane to contacted me wondering if i could look at it as the automatic gear shifts are really rough. An oddity I noticed when I let him test drive it, he lifts the throttle randomly all the time - something to do with driving trucks for a living he said... And he put it in neutral every time he went down a hill and stopped at lights... People are weird.

I gave him the spiel on the test drive that all those things are at best not needed and will just add wear and tear. Just leave it in drive, keep a steady pressure on the throttle and let the automatic do its thing on its own.

Turns out he is still doing the throttle lifting. No wonder the gear changes are jerky, the poor bloody trans computer doesnt have a clue what the hell is going on! Told him to stop it, drive it normally and then I'll have a look at it for him...

Anyone got any idea what his deal is with that? What is it about driving trucks that would make someone keep randomly getting off the throttle in an automatic car...?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Anyone got any idea what his deal is with that? What is it about driving trucks that would make someone keep randomly getting off the throttle in an automatic car...?
No idea but possibly trying to save fuel might be it?

I have been in a taxi where the driver kept giving it a bit of throttle then letting it go. The lurching forwarding then coasting then repeating the whole process again drove me absolutely nuts, and I think I have a slow burn of temper too :D I almost asked him if his car was broken.