Olympics

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
BB, I hate, but get. Golf though? I like a hit ang giggle, but olympics? :noidea:

I think anything beyond track & field, gymnastics, weight lifting and swimming is unnecessary. It's obviously just a big cash cow for the IOC now, so any sport with a mild amount of funding/interest seems to get a run. I like the primal nature of the sports I listed though, to me they encompass a kind of benchmark for physical human ability - speed, strength, agility, survivability.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's good to see we've had 30 sec of the mtb, yet hours upon hours of golf uninterupted on one channel.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
They must wear a shark repellant wrist band, they work really well.

[video=youtube_share;uY6U9j3ZVes]https://youtu.be/uY6U9j3ZVes[/video]
the surfers can wear them in the tokyo olympics... amounst others they introduced skating, surfing and climbing at next olympics wtf!

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
Is the only way to watch the MTB by paying the $20 for the 7olympics premium membership?
No, the womens MTB was on free to air last night, around 12am WST. I'm assuming mens will be tonight same time but just guessing really.

Looks pretty hard, long uphills and not much rest going down will all those rock gardens/features.

Edit, team ribbon twirling was also on last night, gag fest a-plenty.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I think we missed the first 3 laps becasue the basketbal over ran (like ti does because the last 30 seconds takes 3 weeks to play - and yes I liek basketball, but I like mtb much much more and wanted to watch it)

Ivan

Eats Squid
No, the womens MTB was on free to air last night, around 12am WST. I'm assuming mens will be tonight same time but just guessing really.

Looks pretty hard, long uphills and not much rest going down will all those rock gardens/features.

Edit, team ribbon twirling was also on last night, gag fest a-plenty.

I read some angry comments on facebook that Seven missed most of the race by showing Golf instead. No way am I staying up to 1am to see Golf.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read some angry comments on facebook that Seven missed most of the race by showing Golf instead. No way am I staying up to 1am to see Golf.
Na they had the triathlon on 7, the bball on mate and it was to be the mtb, but bball...tiiiiiimmmmmeeeee wasting and the gold was on the other one... although seriously the golf was on non stop for hours and hours.